Sign in to follow this  
redsoxsrule

Boston general admission policy

I'm personally getting to the arena at 8 or 9 Friday morning with my son.  I'm going to get the lay of the land.  We might check in Thursday afternoon to get a definitive answer on how the GA line is being or going to be handled.

I am HOPING we can get our wristbands, and be able to leave (to do touristy stuff) and come back to line up at 4.  

News that any spot on the floor is a good one helps ease my anxiety (a little bit.)  I want my son's first concert experience to be a good one!

Can't find any info. All the phone numbers I can find for the TD Garden result in a dial tone.

Does anyone know how the numbers have worked in the past? If there are four of us, and only three of us in line, can the remaining one person get in with us in our place in the numbered line later? U2 community take care of its own, or is it a goat rodeo?

If the numbers are assigned and then you can leave it's no problem for anyone, but if as I suspect the persons who are organizing the line want you to stay there all time, no one can come later, otherwise all the line will kill you and i'm serious..

@jwaldrop:if u know anything sure about how they handle the line can you please post it here? I'm arriving from Italy on Thursday night so got no time to do it myself.. :)

Edited by lauretta1979

i've seen them many many times before. this is the first time that im conflicted on where to be on the GA floor. by the  main stage or by the "e" stage... being on the rail is nice, but theres so much of it, it doesnt really matter. i have a few days to decide still.

I'll be in the city for some meetings Wednesday and Thursday and plan on stopping by the Garden to check things out. I'll post here if there are any further updates or details. Good luck everyone and see you Friday.

Andrew

Is it possible to get into GA WITHOUT a wristband? I would be interested in finding this out. I have a 2 year old I'd rather not drag out to wait in line at 8am if I don't have to! I understand this limits my access to the best places though...

I'll be in the city for some meetings Wednesday and Thursday and plan on stopping by the Garden to check things out. I'll post here if there are any further updates or details. Good luck everyone and see you Friday.

Andrew

Andrew, if you have a chance, could you ask about Red Zone too (yes, RZ people line up too for the best rail spots).  I'd love to go early, get a wristband, see something of Boston and come back to line up before the show.  I'm flying in on Thursday night.  Thanks so much!

Hey Peggytwoten, I'll see what I can find out. My goal is to just scope the scene for tomorrow. I suppose seeing people line up 3-7 days in advance on 360 - I'm talking to you Montreal and Moncton!!! :) - gives me the itch to check it out.

That said, I don't plan to "enter the line" so to speak until Thursday night or super early Friday if one has begun. I always enjoy the mingling and seeing old faces from past shows.

In any case, I encourage folks with questions to let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to ask at the venue/box office tomorrow. I plan on stopping by mid afternoon.

I also encourage those looking for activities during show days to check my "things to do" list in the "places to eat, drink, etc." thread.

Andrew

Andrew, I don't think they will allow any camping or queue until 6am of Friday, so the TD Garden has replied to @U2. Anyway, if you have a chance here are my questions:

-at what time can we begin the line?

-is it possible just to have a number on Friday morning then go away, relax a bit and come later? If yes, at what time in the morning and in the afternoon should we be there?

-at what time the doors open?

-are they giving wristbands for the line or the wristbands are only given by staff to divide GA South and North?

Thanks a lot Andrew! If you hear speaking Italian in the queue It's gonna be me so if you want come and say hello :)

Sign in to follow this