Wasting Toronto GA credit card entry tickets, brutal

UStatwo

• Subscriber

My wife is full term by Monday.  I have asked Ticketmaster and the Air Canada Cetnre many times over the past two months and have been told everytime no refund, no transfer.  I had to give someone my credit card for my tickets to be used.  From Ottawa that wasn't realistic, I tried family/friends as much as I could. 

So now I lose.  I have been a loyal fan, fan club member since before my first U2 show in 1997, and to have to waste the tickets and to lose out of the money paid is a total crime.  This is the worst fan experience of my life.  I would sell those tickets at face value (not the $1000 people are fetching) and I would guranteed see them next time. 

Now I'm not feeling so much love for this decision by the band/management to make the credit card entry so tightly controlled.

• Subscriber

Good Luke to you and your wife! Nothing is more amazing than welcoming a new baby into the family. As a fan club member who had no luck getting GA's in the presales, I couldn't agree more. It's very frustrating that I can't find tickets.

• Subscriber

I have to agree with you on this one! The credit card entry thing has been a bloody nightmare. I won't buy GA again if I have to go through this. On the flip side, if you wanted to see a show by yourself, I have 1 seat ticket available for Monday. In any case, try to focus on your new little one's arrival! It's gonna be awesome (for the next 18 years lol!)

• Subscriber

I'm from Ottawa too and trying to swap my tickets! I'm not giving anyone my credit card either - that's for sure! So frustrating.... Looks like a lot of tickets going to waste :(

• Subscriber

I am desperately searching for a pair of GA's for the second night, July 7th. I will be down in Toronto tomorrow and can go to the ACC in person to see if any transfers can be done. I think there may be a chance for this, given that when we were in the GA line in Montreal they announced that anyone who "thought they might have credit card issues, such as expired cards, lost cards, changed #'s, etc." was asked to go to the main booth and sort out ahead of entry. If anyone has tickets for 2nd night and wants to attempt transferring to me please message me. 

The process has been frustrating, as it leaves a lot of fans without tickets and others stuck with them and somehow I still see crazy inflated prices when I see re-sale tickets for GA. 

Thanks, Leah (aka shinelikestars) 

• Subscriber

My wife is full term by Monday.  I have asked Ticketmaster and the Air Canada Cetnre many times over the past two months and have been told everytime no refund, no transfer.  I had to give someone my credit card for my tickets to be used.  From Ottawa that wasn't realistic, I tried family/friends as much as I could. 

So now I lose.  I have been a loyal fan, fan club member since before my first U2 show in 1997, and to have to waste the tickets and to lose out of the money paid is a total crime.  This is the worst fan experience of my life.  I would sell those tickets at face value (not the $1000 people are fetching) and I would guranteed see them next time. 

Now I'm not feeling so much love for this decision by the band/management to make the credit card entry so tightly controlled.

Man, that stinks.  If only there'd been some way in advance of knowing when your wife was going to reach full term.

I have to agree with you on this one! The credit card entry thing has been a bloody nightmare. I won't buy GA again if I have to go through this. On the flip side, if you wanted to see a show by yourself, I have 1 seat ticket available for Monday. In any case, try to focus on your new little one's arrival! It's gonna be awesome (for the next 18 years lol!)

I'm looking for a ticket for myself.  If you have.