VIP Packages - Did the Vancouver customers get the worst deal?

• Subscriber

I recently came across these VIP commemorative tour books which appear to be offered by Live Nation and U2.com for the tour.  I think they were offered as part of the VIP packages, but cannot find out more info.  If anyone knows more please let me know.

I paid nearly $1500 for a travel package for one of the opening shows in Vancouver and we received a travel pillow as our 'limited edition' gift.

This does not seem very appropriate for such a price.  I would hope U2.com or Live Nation could look into this.

• Subscriber

Red zone is not supposed to get a gift. The money is going to charity.

I am aware that Red Zone is not supposed to get a gift and that the money is going to charity and was happy to be able to make my contribution. I was aware of this before I bought my Vancouver Red Zone tickets.  Not withstanding all that I believe I am entitled to expect to get what I pay for which I did not.  It seems the Red Zone experienece has been delivering what was promised as the tour has progressed but this was certinaly not the case in Vancouver on 14 May, hence my comment in relation to the thread title that the same can be said for Red Zone in Vancouver.  As I have said elsewhere ultimately it is about the music for me and it was a brilliant show but I pushed the boat out for my Red Zone tickets as a special treat and I was left disappointed that I did not get what I paid for and feel I would have had the same experience in GA.