Family Death: Can No Longer Use My Presale Tix

• Subscriber

Hey Folks,

First, forgive me if this isn't the appropriate forum for something like this, but I'm running on very little sleep and don't really know whereelse to turn.

I used my presale code for 1 GA ticket for opening night in Boston (tomorrow, 10 July) and 1 GA ticket for their final show (Wednesday, 15 July.)

Sadly, my father passed away unexpectedly and we are now planning his services and working through getting his affairs in order (they weren't).

Obviously taking care of my mother and my sister is my number one priority right now. Money is tight and I looked to see if I could sell my tickets to at least not take the loss, but unfortunately it looks like that's just not possible because of the antiscalping measures put in place, which I really do appreciate under other circunstances.

Anyone ever run into a situation like this? I'm not looking to make money off these tickets, I'd just really rather not lose it entirely because I'm scrambling to pay for his funeral, a lawyer to represent my sister and I with the Commonwealth's Probate Court, and still maintain his house to avoid foreclosure. My parents were divorced but had recently reconcilled. However, they never officially remarried which means my mom has no legal right to anything and all responsibility/debt falls to me and my sister.

I wish U2 or Ticketmaster had an emergency contact line :-(

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/1131502/Regan-James.php

• Subscriber

This is one of those situations where you hope somebody who has the power to do something, reads this and then does something!

All the best fella. Sorry for your loss.

• Subscriber

The problem is going to be the whole "credit card entry" thing for (non-NYC) GA.  I'd contact ticketmaster; ordinarily, they won't help with CCE, but might in this obviously hardship situation.  I'd also PM the mods (especially maybe Bigwave), who may be able to intervene.

So sorry for your loss.