Boston Shows 1 And 2 #U2ieTour Live Thread

• Subscriber
About 8:15 I think

uote name="WildHorses" post="998835" timestamp="1436630310"]Can anyone advised what time U2 took the stage last night for the first Boston show? I'm going tonight...

Thanks so much...can't wait!!!!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I have never seen so many people dance at a U2 show and not to their dance tunes.

I was one of those crazy people at the E stage!! Unbelievable show! Round 2 GA again tonite- recovering at Cheers!

• Subscriber

I have never seen so many people dance at a U2 show and not to their dance tunes.

I was one of those crazy people at the E stage!! Unbelievable show! Round 2 GA again tonite- recovering at Cheers!

Oh, that was a good kind of crazy, but wasn't just you -- I'm talking midway up during Pride and the swing dancing by couples during Streets (no joke, and more than one). It was just going off!

• Community Moderator

U2 takes performance to new heights

AR-150719772_zpspnilsvxl.jpg

BOSTON - U2 is arguably the greatest rock 'n' roll band to emerge out of the '80s, a band whose live shows used to resemble religious epiphanies more than your average rock concert. As someone who saw U2 tour behind the "War" album 32 years ago from the second row at the Worcester Centrum (and on multiple nights on every tour since), it was exhilarating and awe-inspiring back then to see a great band before they were great and watch them, literally, become great right before one's eyes.

more ---> http://www.telegram.com/article/20150711/NEWS/150719772/-1/NEWS04

• Subscriber

My three favorite moments

1) Adam and Larry just in eye contact and waiting to come in on Ordinary Love, and when they did -- it  brought the bloom to the song, just wonderful

2) The Edge and Adam duel during Cedarwood Road

3) the flowers - Bono taking a bunch handing them out off stage then offering the last on to the girl from San Diego as he brought her up, and Larry handing one into the audience after giving away his sticks on the walkout during "40"

Songs -obviously Iris, Cedarwood, Wolves, End of the World, Mysterious Ways (with the Bono dance moves), Invisible

Elevation - Edge was smiling all night and just apparently likes to move it move it - everywhere in fluid motion, expected to see faery wings sprouting from his upper back sparkling in the half-light he was that magical in his lightfootedness

"40" - 'cause I'm old school

Moment of Surrender & Bad

Pretty much all of it. Physically a very difficult night for me, but so happy I went.