Sign in to follow this  
Mia10010

How do the band enter and exit MSG?

I see all these pix and videos of people seeing the band entering or exiting whatever arena they're at and getting photos and autographs etc.

Given that MSG is part of an entire city block, and not out in the 'burbs somewhere surrounded by miles of parking lot, is it even possible to have that kind of access here?

If anyone's got any tips, I'd really appreciate them.  I've been a fan of the band since they started (and even was lucky enough once as a kid to be let in by a roadie to see them rehearse before a gig at the Palladium eons ago), and I'd love a glimpse of them once more...

Thanks!

At MSG, it's entirely possible for a band to drive into the building without having to get out and walk through a crowd.  But that's pretty much true of all arenas, regardless of where they're located - they're usually designed so that vehicles can drive right in to unload.  From what people in other cities have reported about the band stopping by the GA line earlier in the day and doing autographs, it seems like they're making a point of being a little more accessible and less stealthy.

For MSG, but not U2 specifically, I've seen artists enter through one of the fenced off loading areas on 33rd St between 7th and 8th Ave, across from One Penn Plaza.  But that was also before they renovated the building a few years ago, so I'm not sure if they've changed where artists enter since then.  In other words, that might be the first spot I check out if I decide to try to meet them, but if it looks like it's wrong I won't stay there.

Sorry to not have a more concrete answer for you.

yes, from one of the two side streets -  the north one - mid-block - you will see other fans there - the band has stopped and got out serveral times in my experience but it's not guaranteed - it's NYC so sometimes too many people

Sign in to follow this