Broken ankle, trade single GA for seat? Or safety ideas? 7/22-23

Franna1

• Subscriber

Sadly, Dave Grohl wasn't the only one to break their fibula on June 12th.  I have single GAs for both 7/22 and 23 and am thinking that switching to a seat might be the smart thing to do.  Please reply or PM if interested.

Also, if anyone's done GA in a somewhat disabled state and has ideas about how it can be safely done, or why attempting it is really, really stupid,  I'd love to hear your insights/wisdom!

I seem to remember a gentleman in a walking boot and crutches as #1 and running the line at a Chicago 360 show (or was it Philly?), but I never saw him again once inside...

I haven't paid much attention to the logistics this tour, so would also appreciate insights into whether hanging out on a back rail w a lot of space is possible.  I guess I'm hoping there's still a way to do GA and not injure myself.  Love you all, but I just can't have anyone jumping on my foot this time.  

• Subscriber

Hey Fran!

I am so sorry to hear that. You poor thing!

I looked on TM just now to see if I could buy seats to swap with you but no surprise, there are none available. If they happen to drop I would gladly buy them and do the swap with you, I'm currently only going to 18th and 19th but know I will want more!

As for GA space, we stood quite far back in Chicago (maybe half way between e stage and back rail) and did have space but there were still people pushing through and jostling us at times. Not tried right on the back rail yet.

Jami Sharp Higgins broke her heel half way through her Chicago gigs and is now doing Boston so might be able to give you some insight.

Anyway, feel better soon! Keep me in mind!!

Suzie x

• Subscriber

Just saw another post with the following for sale:

7/22 - Section 115, Row18, Seat 11 - $280

7/23 - Section 108, Row 5, Seat 9 - $280

Not sure I could spend that much but we could maybe meet somewhere in the middle?

• Subscriber

Hey Susie!  Glad you got the ticket, we'll see how it goes...maybe work something out later.  Please give Jamie my contact info!!!  Don't think I know her (?) but would love to get insight.  No idea yet how this will or won't all go down.  I'm definitely getting better, but the idea of GA is still somewhat terrifying.  

I've been swamped with life B.S. so have paid no attention to the shows so far.  All I know is that there's a long B stage/ramp thingy....and there's no opening band.  (Yay!)

• Subscriber

I think that's pretty much all you need to know!  And the long stage (as well as the screens above) mean that there are great views all round, sides included.  I know you will be blown away, especially if you have had no spoilers so far!

If I find anything for 22nd I'll let you know...

And I'll pass this thread on to Jami....

S

• Subscriber

The second night in Vancouver I leaned against the Red Zone railing in GA and it was perfect after being in the fray up near the front on the first night.  I'm really hoping to find a single GA ticket for 7/31 - would be worth the cross country trip for me to see both the beginning and the end of the North American leg.  Hope you heal up soon.

• Subscriber

Thanks everyone!

Suzie, so sorry I misspelled your name!  Just me being an eejit.

GIBBO!!!!!!!!!  Miss you!!!!!!!  Love to you and the missus!!!

Thanks Jackson!  That sounds like a good idea.  I'm thinking I'm emotionally incapable of not trying GA my first night (22nd) and seeing how it goes.  Then I'll decide on what to do my second night (23rd).  Red Zone rail sounds reasonable, no idea where Red Zone is located this time....how do I find?  Otherwise I guess I'll just head for the back rail and hope for the best.  Hoping for a spot no one else wants that's perfect for me.

Will update.

Anyhoo, I'll be the one with the very charming walking boot footwear.  Like a Star Wars stormtrooper costume, but black plastic instead of white. And a black cane, so don't make me play Mean and Angry Granny!

• Subscriber

Red Zone is right in front of the first row of the stands on each side of the arena - the half of the arena closest to the stage.  Have fun next week!  Hopefully since you broke your ankle the same day Dave Grohl did, you also get to roll around in a throne like he is on the current tour ;-)

Edited by jackson200