Who's in RZ1 tonight (Saturday)?

Mia10010

• Subscriber

Hi folks,

If anyone's gonna be in RZ1 (Northside) tonight, I'm looking forward to enjoying the show with all of you.  I'll be the one biting her lip hard to not start bawling during "Iris."  Anyone on Twitter, I'm @ivernianeye

See you soon!

• Subscriber

Hi Mia--

Have a great time in the RZ tonight.  When you get home, could you post about the RZ entry procedures?  There's some confusion about that--NYC does not allow paperless tix, so all one should have to do to get the RZ wristbands is present one's (hard, or e-tix) RZ tix.  But, in other venues, RZ tix are "credit-card-entry (CCE)", meaning that one has to go to a special RZ desk, show ID and the original purchaser's credit card, etc.

Here's the problem/confusion--RZ info being sent out about NYC describes procedures that sound like CCE, even though New York state does not allow this.  So, people that bought RZ tix from someone else (like me, for example) are worried that there may be problems using them/obtaining the RZ wristbands, since we're not the original purchaser, don't have the credit card info, etc.  So, if you could post about the RZ entry/obtaining RZ wristband procedures happening today, it'd be super-helpful for me and others in my situation.  Thanks!

Mike

• Subscriber

Sure!  Will do!  And I'll ask the person handling the check-in about that (because if tonight's as great as I hope, I want to see if I could maybe get another RZ ticket for another night, and I worry about that check-in procedure too).

• Subscriber

Hi mike7man,

Ok, here's the deal - all I was asked for was photo ID, and I didn't even have to show my driver's license, I just showed my work ID.  They put the wristbands on me and handed me the white envelope containing the keepsake/souvenir ticket and a (RED) postcard.  It was all a bit of a rush and a lot going on so let me see how accurately I can repeat what Emma told me (she's the Red Zone manager/focal point person whose cel number you get in the email to call the day of the show if you've got questions or a problem).  I asked her specifically what happens to people who might buy RZ tix online as part of a re-sale and she said - in essence - "By NY state law, I can't stop that from happening but it does mean that all that money [from the re-sale] is not going to (RED) and --------------"  I kinda lost the last bit because there was too much going on around me.  I think she was saying that you wouldn't get the souvenir ticket because they don't have your name on the list as the original buyer.

But the main takeaway was this: I never heard anything to the effect of "If you buy re-sale RZ tix you won't get in."

Btw, they never asked to see my credit card with which I purchased the tix.

Hope that helps! Enjoy the show.

• Subscriber

Thanks, Mia!  It was very thoughtful of you to take the trouble to ask about this, given that it wasn't even your problem.

So...did you enjoy the show?  How did you like the RZ?