are resale tickets on ticketmaster legit?

jencu2

• Subscriber

Yes.  I bought a re-sale for this past Sunday's show (the 19th), and I was a little worried too (especielly when AMEX stopped the purchase initially to flag it to me in a fraud alert), but when I got to the entrance gate, as I held my breath, the ticket-taker scanned the paper I'd printed at home, and there was no problem.  I would have been damn ticked off if there had been, given the big mark-up from Ticketmaster so they can double-dip and get a profit off the re-sale (as well as the original).

Hope your experience is as problem-free too, and enjoy the show!

These resale tickets on ticketmaster are 100% guaranteed by ticketmaster. If somehow someone dupes them and they're not legit, they will find comparable seats for you or give you your money back. But the loop hole for that is very small. When you make a purchase on ticketmaster and want to resell them on their site, they reissue the barcode to whoever buys the resale ticket. That makes the persons original ticket null and void.

• Subscriber

Yes, they're basically someone just selling their ticket back to ticketmaster, so you're still buying it directly through ticketmaster but now at the original ticket holder's price tag instead of ticketmaster. I bought resale tickets for my mom, aunt and cousin in Chicago with zero issues.