North or South Side?

jhf81

• Subscriber

I've done both, it's really about the same from my experience. If you're on the north side, you're slightly closer to Adam when they're on the main stage, and if you're on the south side, you're slightly closer to Edge.

When they're on the catwalk, they take turns facing one side or the other, so both sides get a pretty equal view.

The camera track on the catwalk is on the south side, but it's a fairly narrow track. And both north and south sides have the barricades placed fairly far away from the catwalk anyhow, so regardless of whether you're north or south, it's pretty much impossible to actually reach out and touch a band member on the catwalk.

When they're on the e-stage, if you're on the north side, you might get a view of Edge's back when he plays piano on Every Breaking Wave. If you're on the south side, you might get a view of Larry's back when they play whatever song is rotating in the spot before EBW.

It did seem like the north side filled up a little faster than the south side at MSG.

My opinion is that while the north and south sides have some subtle differences as I just described, the overall experience itself ends up being about the same regardless of which side you choose.

• Subscriber

The band seem pretty diplomatic as far as playing to both sides, so unless you want to be the Mysterious Ways dancer (which seemingly is always picked from the south side), either is fine. I've only done north twice, so far.