audience guitar players

• Subscriber

Haha, I've seen a few fans brought up over my shows in Boston and NYC this tour. Some have been better than others. For instance, the teen from Boston 2 nailed 'Angel of Harlem.' On the flip side, the woman brought up for Boston 3 required Bono teaching the chords to 'All I want is you' (she apparently had practiced other songs).

While one can argue the "quality" of each performance and a given player's skill, I feel that would overlook what is truly a special moment between the band and its fans.

So to answer your question... yes, I'm sure these people play in some capacity, but I imagine their skill and experience are variable.

• Subscriber

I'm not picking on anyone who gets picked, but you must know your guitar chords. inc. 7's maj7's and those are only the main chords.

remember what Bono said to BB King about 'WLCTT' "there's only 2". myself, I'm left handed so I couldn't play on Edge's guitar.

if anyone here knows the song 'Two Of Us' by The Beatles, I love the chord D11, just barre chord at the 7th fret & don't play the top string.

• Subscriber

If picked (will never happen), I would feel duty bound to attempt to knock out a quick (and fairly shabby) version of Eruption before getting booted back off the stage.

Could go down in history. The only time Van Halen was ever played from a U2 stage? :)