Sign in to follow this  
danielsentana

Presale codes that disappeared (MERGED)

Hi everyone,

In the event that U2 carry on touring after these European dates (I mean, they have to do Dublin and come back to the States at some point) - how will the presale codes work?

1. I know some people didn't use their code for the last presales and the code simply disappeared. Do they still have that code and will they get to use it when new dates appear?

2. For those of us who already used the code, will we get a new one for the future shows? Or did we already use the code and that's it for this tour?

Thank you :)

Re 2), current subscribers will get new codes for 2016 shows (the next leg).  And re 1), while there has been no official announcement, I'm sure the "disappeared" unused codes from the 2015 leg will be restored to the appropriate folks, probably when the "maybe happening, maybe not" Dublin shows thing is finally resolved.  After all, people would raise holy hell if they didn't.

at this moment, any answer would be mere speculation... There is no indication at this point of any Dublin concerts or any tour leg past this [practically] current one... This means that there aren't any guidelines regarding how any possible presale would work...

So, it wouldn't be a good idea to make any plans nor to have any expectations, since these wouldn't be based in anything concrete...

*if* there is a next leg on the shows or *if* there are Dublin shows, be certain that the procedure will be published on the site... for the moment being, enjoy the current shows...

Right, I was talking hypotheticals. No need for everyone to panic. But I would be interested in knowing - like imagine you're Australian and you didn't use the code!

Right, I was talking hypotheticals. No need for everyone to panic. But I would be interested in knowing - like imagine you're Australian and you didn't use the code!

Without proper information, there is no possible way of knowing...

I was wondering the same thing danielsentana.  Good to know other people have their hopes as high as mine.  :D

Now that it has been confirmed that there will be shows in Ireland in November, questions arise ... I did usse my code but this was back in 2014. Will new codes be made available? Surely most people have used them by now, and even the Irish folks will probably have used them for the UK gigs.

Options:

a) It will be tough luck if you've already used your code, even if you're Irish

b ) A geographical split will be made, and those who are registered as Irish will get a new code

c) Only the "Experience" members will receive new codes

d) Everyone receives new codes

e) ...

Time will tell but I would love visit Ireland in November :)

Edited by thijst

Now that it has been confirmed that there will be shows in Ireland in November

As of right now nothing has been confirmed... Once the information appears in the homepage, the tours section and here, then it would be the moment in which it will be confirmed...

If there are Dublin shows, be certain that all the procedures for any possible presale will be posted in the site and in the board...

please have patience, exercise any and all caution and wait for the official information (if indeed there is reason to have it)...

As of right now nothing has been confirmed... Once the information appears in the homepage, the tours section and here, then it would be the moment in which it will be confirmed...

If there are Dublin shows, be certain that all the procedures for any possible presale will be posted in the site and in the board...

please have patience, exercise any and all caution and wait for the official information (if indeed there is reason to have it)...

I call this a confirmation: http://www.u2.com/news/title/coming-home/news/

:)

I call this a confirmation: http://www.u2.com/news/title/coming-home/news/

:)

good news... but we need to await where/when/how dates & ticketing will operate.. 

Sign in to follow this