Official live recordings from Songs Of Innocence?

• Subscriber

Does anyone in know have an idea when we will hear official live recordings from Songs Of Innocence on the current tour? They are a live band after all and sound better live something I love to listen to. Just waiting for some new live stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It may make sense to those at a particular show. That would be an interesting change to the annual "gift" - discs of the show of you choice, maybe defaulting to the show you bought tickets to in the pre-sale. Never happen 'cause of the record company, but it's an interesting thought. Or what about a mini-lithograph from a particular show?

It'll never happen while U2 are alive. Afterward, probably.

My dream really though is, I want an official pristine release of all the Eamon Andrew demos and anything pre-1980 that has not been released (iTunes does not count). I want to see clean pristine releases of the War session demos as well.

Edited by Sigma957
  • Subscriber

It may make sense to those at a particular show. That would be an interesting change to the annual "gift" - discs of the show of you choice, maybe defaulting to the show you bought tickets to in the pre-sale. Never happen 'cause of the record company, but it's an interesting thought. Or what about a mini-lithograph from a particular show?

U2 own their material.

All of it.

I would be surprised if they didn't reserve the right to sell concert recordings at will.

It would be a financial grand slam walk off home run if they decided to sell individual shows.

Perhaps they are waiting until there exists a method by which illegal downloading/trading of such high-quality soundboard shows can be protected from free distribution.