• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Tried for two hours this morning (from 1am-3am) and got nothing then just got two row 21, section F just now for Dublin 4 - it'll be the first time in years and years I'll not have GA at a U2 show but I'm not complaining - I'm in the house!

Edited by lukylsp
  • Subscriber

Travel Packages still available - but when I checked it out it was 2 tickets and 1 hotel room (plus goodys) for about $1100 each - then I continue on and you HAVE to multipy the price by 2 so upon checkout it is $2200  - may work for some - not me--

Edited by nitz1
  • Subscriber

Tickets 'officially' sold out after half an hour for all shows according to BBC and UTV (Ulster television). Can't help thinking that some of that is media hype - but then I look at my brother (who couldn't access presales as he is not a subscriber on here) and my sister n law were accessing from two different locations, two different computers. He gave up as he was having no joy from home, and left to go to work. His wife was at work already and texted him to say she'd got two tickets for Belfast 1.

Then I arrive in my place of work around 10 am in another part of the country and hear stories from 2 colleagues who are U2 fans, who had just started their shift, saying they'd been trying for a while but had to give up and come into work!

I really felt for them. But its's a case of persevering and being lucky to find a chink (or your means of access finding a chink) in the ticketmaster matrix I think when something like this happens.

Hopefully 'face value' tickets will appear. The reports of some stuff re touts/ scalpers/ sites I never visit and prices quoted is appalling to be honest.

Do people actually pay these prices for tickets? Surely not? :huh:

Edited by yardie
  • Subscriber

The more I look at seatwave on ticketmaster the more annoyed I get.  They are facilitating touts and adding a ridiculous booking fee so they can fleece fans too.

Currently the cheapest tickets on seatwave for Saturday in Dublin are €1100for a pair plus €199.98 booking fee.

Now Ticketmaster can dress this up any way they want by talking about supply and demand, sellers setting the price, passionate staff and ticketintegrity but it is just not right and ultimately it does reflect poorly on the band.

Edited by dermo
  • Subscriber

The more I look at seatwave on ticketmaster the more annoyed I get.  They are facilitating touts and adding a ridiculous booking fee so they can fleece fans too.

Currently the cheapest tickets on seatwave for Saturday in Dublin are €1100for a pair plus €199.98 booking fee.

Now Ticketmaster can dress this up any way they want by talking about supply and demand, sellers setting the price, passionate staff and ticketintegrity but it is just not right and ultimately it does reflect poorly in the band.

It's crazy- and I think myself (personally) the restricted view for the screen isn't been shown on that site either!!... I'd imagine the prices have peaked as much as they can- I hope anyway- Lot of people I know watching it..