Sign in to follow this  
jojodee

can u use a debit card for ticketless entry?

From ticketmaster have had no reply yet. I contacted 3arena and they said me that :  "As per email just hand in your tickets upon entry, if security did ask for your card then give it to them. If it has your signature that is fine".

From ticketmaster have had no reply yet. I contacted 3arena and they said me that :  "As per email just hand in your tickets upon entry, if security did ask for your card then give it to them. If it has your signature that is fine".

That would be good for me!! Best of luck

The problem is that U2.com says debit card is acceptable, while ticketmaster.ie says only "credit card", not a word about debit cards.

I'm worried about buying tickets as well. Is there any chance to clarify this? Will I be able to buy paperless tickets on monday with my DEBIT card?

The problem is that U2.com says debit card is acceptable, while ticketmaster.ie says only "credit card", not a word about debit cards.

I'm worried about buying tickets as well. Is there any chance to clarify this? Will I be able to buy paperless tickets on monday with my DEBIT card?

I have bought from TM in the past with a debit card ('borrowed' from the mrs... she hides them from me...)

You can use a debit card for entry if you used the same card for purchase.

I have bought from TM in the past with a debit card ('borrowed' from the mrs... she hides them from me...)
Yes, I have too (not borrowed from your mrs but used mine). Seeing how most all debit cards these days are with Visa, MasterCard, or I believe over there Maestro, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

From TM:

We accept all major credit and debit cards:American Express
MastercardLaser (not after 28th February 2014)Maestro Ticketmaster Gift Card Visa DebitVisa 

Laser Cards are accepted for events taking place in Ireland only, they will not be accepted for events taking place in Northern Ireland. 

Maestro Cards are accepted for events taking place in Northern Ireland only, they will not be accepted for events taking place in Ireland.

Unfortunately Ticketmaster Ireland does not accept Switch, Solo Visa Delta, Visa Electron and Diners or Paypal.

LINK http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_ql_3

Edited by jadmix

Ok, thanks, hope it will work. See you in Dublin ;)

It probably won't work. Ask your bank clerk if you can do operations online/via internet internationally using your debit card and in foreign currency (Euro->PLN). Most banks in Poland make people buy their other "product" by offering credit cards. It  depends on many circumstances but it takes a few weeks to get one.

What to say more about debit cards here? ... A few days ago I paid with debit card at Polish Postal Office (Poczta Polska) and got charged 26% extra fee. I don't care how much I paid as I can write it off annual tax ;) This is for your information.

Why can't we just pay through traditional bank transfer? 

Edited by Carolin

Sign in to follow this