Dublin paperless tickets / use of someone else his creditcard

bieke2be

• Subscriber

I will try to buy GA tickets for Dublin, does the name on the tickets needs to be the same as the name on the creditcard?
I'm waiting on a new one. So I will be using the card of someone else. (I will take this card with me to the venue.)
Thanks for clarify this, I don't find a clear answer on this in the FAQ.

• Subscriber

I found this on ticketmasters FAQ: 

Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
•    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

This means when you have one creditcard on the name of your husband, you can't buy tickets as he's not able to attend?

• Community Moderator

I found this on ticketmasters FAQ: 

Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.

•    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

This means when you have one creditcard on the name of your husband, you can't buy tickets as he's not able to attend?

it seems to be the case...

I would recommend contacting the ticketing agency, maybe via phone, and explain the situation...

Even after I talked with Guy Oseary at Vancouver II about the fiasco with both day's GA procedures, they still messed up in San Phoenix and even afterward.

As long as I can recall doing GA for a U2 tour (Elevation) there have always been unnecessary fiascos with entry or queing procedures.

Common senses does not seem to run in the U2 camp.

Belfast and Dublin may not be immune.

Archived