BELFAST & DUBLIN Tickets on Stubhub

oisin269

• Subscriber

I suppose they spend $50 on membership & sell tickets for €200/300 each...that's a tidy profit... I know it's wrong but the website can't really do anything about it unless they go down the paperless route for all tickets

• Subscriber

i wrote to the help section here on U2.com but they told me they can't do anything about this problem...

a copy of that reply would be useful josh... (PM?)

sorry for the delay! I've just sent you a pm!

• Subscriber

I suppose they spend $50 on membership & sell tickets for €200/300 each...that's a tidy profit... I know it's wrong but the website can't really do anything about it unless they go down the paperless route for all tickets

If they stopped at €300 but they're charging much more and of course selling the vinyl set on ebay

• Subscriber

Up until this morning there were 2 tickets for Dublin 4.

As at 12pm this had increased to 61.

There is no reason whatsoever that Ticketmaster CANNOT cancel these tickets. 

After all, why would you as you make 15% fee for selling them on behalf of the touts..... oops sorry genuine fans

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Up until this morning there were 2 tickets for Dublin 4.

As at 12pm this had increased to 61.

There is no reason whatsoever that Ticketmaster CANNOT cancel these tickets. 

After all, why would you as you make 15% fee for selling them on behalf of the touts..... oops sorry genuine fans

Why on earth would they cancel them?

TM,Seatwave and Stubhub are legalised tout sites-they take a large cut of the resale value. 

They wont be interested in cancelling them, the more that are available the more profit the resellers make.

• Subscriber

The advertising for the Irish dates seemed to indicate that id was required for entry for all tickets not just standing. Is this not the case?

I only ask as some people on Stubhub are selling 2 tickets.Given that they could only have 2 the id angle mustn't be a problem for them.

No Id required at London or Cologne.

Archived