Pre-sale: why no staggering of sale of duration of fanclub membership?

mcgeebers

• Subscriber

On recent tours, pre-sales were handled in such a way as to grant long-term fanclub members initial pre-sale access, followed by those who joined more recently (i.e. into second year of membership), followed by people who jumped on board following the latest album release or tour announcement. All welcome of course!

In the interest of fairness, why has the fanclub discontinued this practice which was the fairest way of rewarding loyalty? I'm keen to hear others' opinions

It's crazy that I've been a member ever since u2.com was founded yet someone who signed up on Monday this week is given same pre-sale access for Dublin (Aside: I got seats but my preference was standing however there were none available despite logging in at 10am on the dot this morning)

#Disappointing #Loyalty

Edited by mcgeebers

• Subscriber

As I said I a previous thread, my Propaganda/U2.com sub goes back to 1991. We got London tix, but had the early opportunity as long term fans. To be fair, I think the Ireland sale came out with of the blue, and the attempt to give Irish fans the inside track has complicated things for these gigs. U2 really are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

• Subscriber

Yes, it would be nice if those of us who have been loyal members for many years received an advantage - like we used to do! That might help with the clog of users that made the presales in the US such a mess. That said, I'm glad that the Irish get first crack at the shows in Dublin and Belfast. Hard to compete with all of the fans worldwide that want to come to Dublin for a show. I can't make it this time, maybe next tour.