Irish Folk: Are There Any Presale Tickets Left for us foreigners?

clarkchiu2

• Subscriber

Okay, so amazing news is I got standing tix for Mon despite it being hours after presale opened, but I'm pretty sure a friend of mine couldn't get them around tea time (for mon) so looks like they're staggering them? A complete guess on my part and could be completely wrong. When I saw Mon was (re?-) available, I tried Sat but it still said gone so I rushed back and took the mon tix without looking for anything else. Maybe they released more because they knew of those of us that had valid codes and were poised at 10am to pounce on the standing tix but them got stymied by the tech hitch. Anyway, fair play - I've gone from a disgruntled "why didn't my code that I've kept for 10 months specifically for the Dublin gigs" not work" to a happy customer :-) I suspect (hope) they've kept a few more back for Fri and Mon. Also, I assume you saw this on the site re Mon tix:

How, where can I buy tickets on Monday 14th September?

"Ticket will go onsale from the following locations:

3Arena, Dublin – A limited number of General Admission (standing) ONLY tickets will go onsale from the venue @ 9am."

So if you know anyone in Dublin, nows the time to call in that favour :-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I got GA for Belfast about 21.15- I imagine Dublin is more popular despite more shows

Glad you got a ticket in the end, I read what was going on. Pleased you got sorted :)

Thanks, it was quite a ride!

• Community Moderator

Can someone confirm whether or not one can use the same presale code to purchase a single ticket from two different shows?

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

• Subscriber

For people waiting to buy tickets this morning- it's important to keep calm once your code is accepted and you're into the TM site.

Once you're in, theres is a little clock in the corner counting down how many minutes you have left  on each page.

But just relax and make sure your search criteria are correct. You have enough time to make a few attempts at finding the tickets you want.

I was getting freaked out by that little clock yesterday. And after all the stress with the codes, was about to just buy the first (very expensive) tickets that came up. But I pulled myself together- discovered that the search criteria had changed themselves. I repeated the search a few times and found the tickets I wanted for the dates I wanted. No matter what that feckin clock says there is ample time to do searches and check your options. 

Keep calm and enjoy-once you're in, the hard part is done!

Best of luck all!

• Subscriber

Can someone confirm whether or not one can use the same presale code to purchase a single ticket from two different shows?

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Yes, but if you have NOT used your presale access code before, can you buy a single ticket from 2 different shows in Dublin? So you put 1 ticket in shopping basket and select another show and put another single ticket in shopping basket and then proceed to checkout? Has anyone done that?

• Subscriber

my opinion:

all the shows gonna be sold out

either with all the fans who wanted to go (I mean people with proper unused code) and normal audience

or with only some fan club members (with unused code) and normal audience

so why, why it is not decided by the management to allow fan club members (with unused pre sale code) to be sure to get tix ? Why should they not be able to buy tix today ?

They are not sure to be able to get them on monday.

Tix prices are the same so it is just a decison to make by the management.

There is no "more profit" or not !

It is just a proper manner to consider people !

• Subscriber

For people waiting to buy tickets this morning- it's important to keep calm once your code is accepted and you're into the TM site.

Once you're in, theres is a little clock in the corner counting down how many minutes you have left  on each page.

But just relax and make sure your search criteria are correct. You have enough time to make a few attempts at finding the tickets you want.

I was getting freaked out by that little clock yesterday. And after all the stress with the codes, was about to just buy the first (very expensive) tickets that came up. But I pulled myself together- discovered that the search criteria had changed themselves. I repeated the search a few times and found the tickets I wanted for the dates I wanted. No matter what that feckin clock says there is ample time to do searches and check your options. 

Keep calm and enjoy-once you're in, the hard part is done!

Best of luck all!

Unfortunately never even got to that point --

Archived