Irish Folk: Are There Any Presale Tickets Left for us foreigners?

clarkchiu2

• Subscriber

For people waiting to buy tickets this morning- it's important to keep calm once your code is accepted and you're into the TM site.

Once you're in, theres is a little clock in the corner counting down how many minutes you have left  on each page.

But just relax and make sure your search criteria are correct. You have enough time to make a few attempts at finding the tickets you want.

I was getting freaked out by that little clock yesterday. And after all the stress with the codes, was about to just buy the first (very expensive) tickets that came up. But I pulled myself together- discovered that the search criteria had changed themselves. I repeated the search a few times and found the tickets I wanted for the dates I wanted. No matter what that feckin clock says there is ample time to do searches and check your options. 

Keep calm and enjoy-once you're in, the hard part is done!

Best of luck all!

Unfortunately never even got to that point

I would have been very dissapointed if all the shows were sold out before I got a chance to buy a ticket. But losing out on one because Ticketmaster won't accept my valid presale code stings so much more.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Last word- tried to get tix during the entire presale and from the first second until the last no tix were available - I am in the US- was not even able to get into a queue - No drops for the 2 days I was looking for as I had hoped - I knew it was a long shot- but dissapointed none the less - Looks like the scaplers win again (sigh) Great for all the folks in Ireland yesterday though - I hope you all got your presale tix-

• Community Manager

Last word- tried to get tix during the entire presale and from the first second until the last no tix were available - I am in the US- was not even able to get into a queue - No drops for the 2 days I was looking for as I had hoped - I knew it was a long shot- but dissapointed none the less - Looks like the scaplers win again (sigh) Great for all the folks in Ireland yesterday though - I hope you all got your presale tix-

sorry to hear you were unsuccessful but many did get tickets, and they were available throughout the day, I kept checking personally. Hard to find, but on at least 10 occasions GA for both Dublin & Belfast came up (which I did not buy and dumped back into the basket). I did not have any special access either, I went in the same way as all other paid subscribers. Hopefully you will be successful in the General sale on Monday, best of luck..

• Subscriber

It's not scalpers winning here - they've gone to decent lengths to stop that. 2 tickets per person - paperless GA etc. but rather simple supply and demand. All 4 nights at 3 Arena do not equate to 1 at Croke. Supply and demand and thankfully there is still the demand for the greatest live act on the planet!

Bring on SOngs of Experience!

• Subscriber

It's not scalpers winning here - they've gone to decent lengths to stop that. 2 tickets per person - paperless GA etc. but rather simple supply and demand. All 4 nights at 3 Arena do not equate to 1 at Croke. Supply and demand and thankfully there is still the demand for the greatest live act on the planet!

Bring on SOngs of Experience!

Hey-  my point was that the scaplers are going to win with me - as now I will have to get my tix through them - I know supply and demand is ridiculous - I am just dissapointed that the code I saved for 9 months for this presale didn't workout for me. As I said TM was flooded with volume and I never was able to even get into a ticket queue from the first second to the last - no one's fault - it is what it is---

• Subscriber

@Justone: same happened to me.. 5 hours trying with unused codes and no results. . And all my friends did the same.. Never went through the captcha codes.. i know there were some possibilities for Belfast and the 24th gig, but with my job I couldn't go, could try only 27-28.. so sad.. and some scalpers sites want 464€ for a restricted view ticket now for the same dates! That makes me really really angry..

• Subscriber

@Justone: same happened to me.. 5 hours trying with unused codes and no results. . And all my friends did the same.. Never went through the captcha codes.. i know there were some possibilities for Belfast and the 24th gig, but with my job I couldn't go, could try only 27-28.. so sad.. and some scalpers sites want 464€ for a restricted view ticket now for the same dates! That makes me really really angry..

i hear ya- i tried for hours like an idiot- used TM ireland, TM UK, links thru U2,com, nothing- Its TM- they cant handle the volume I am convinced-for the NY shows I had the same problems and ended up using the mobile app which was the only thing that worked- no app this time- Glad they have restrictions on ticket limits etc but as a sub I would have taken anything- should have been able to- tix will all be sold Monday so what's the difference who gets a shot at them- I would hope thier subs would come first- but no- Priority should have been given to code holders from at least the beginning of the tour announcements last December- then everyone else (after Ireland of course) forget GA- I would have taken the last row!!

• Subscriber

Same here: I've tried all day (from 12.00 to 17.00) and never, NEVER I saw a tickets available (standing or seating), at least for 27th and 28th nov dates! how could this be possible!?!?!?!

wondering if monday will be the same (=NO tickets available from the start)! 

• Subscriber

Never got an option to buy tickets either. Saved my code especially for Dublin.

One thought I had and maybe a mod can answer but had the presale for 27th/28th already sold it's allocation of tickets to Irish members the day before ?

Will be trying again on Monday

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Same for me, me and my brother kept both our pre-sales codes to be able to visit Dublin with our wives, but were never able to select some!! Only looking for GA's because four seats next to each other would be impossible

Just wondering whether there were GA's available during the normal sale on Monday? And if that was true why these weren't available in the pre-sale??

Seems to me that if one can sell GA tickets to hardcore fans during a pre-sale they should be available until there are no left, that's the reason why there is a pre-sale after all isn't it?

Archived