Irish Presale Codes Day 2 Overnight Email To Subscribers Discussion (MERGED)

utwothefly

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Did you get an email this morning?

I used presale code in Dec 14 to book London tickets. Re subscribed in Feb 15 and got an email with this....

Dear Paul,

As a subscriber yet to take part in a U2ieTour presale, we’re pleased to invite you to enter a ticket presale for one of the band’s Belfast or Dublin shows this November.

Code in the email is the same as the one I used?

So as I re subscribed can I now by 2 tickets for Dublin with the code?

• Community Moderator

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?
A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

• Subscriber

From the FAQ:

Q - I have already used my unique presale access code to buy tickets for U2ieTour shows earlier in 2015, can I use it again in presales for the Belfast/Dublin shows ?

A - If you've already bought two tickets in earlier pre-sales, your presale ticketing code is no longer valid. If you only bought one ticket in an earlier presale, your code will be valid to buy one more ticket in the Belfast/ Dublin presale.

Some people who previously used their codes bought tickets in presale yesterday. How is this possible? Will their tickets be cancelled (and when) or not? (I hope they will, because it's not fair to the rest of fans who go by the rules)

More confusion in this matter is U2.com letter which we (rest of the world) have got for Dublin/Belfast presale with a code and invitation to take part in presale...although we used the code

• Subscriber

This is very unfair, and yet another chapter in the big fail that is U2.com pre-sales.

I saved my code for Dublin, and now I realise that thousands of fans who already used their codes got emails saying that they are "yet to take part in a pre-sale". WTF?

Now it will be even harder for me to get tickets. Thanks :(

• Community Moderator

Yeah I get that Max, but since using the code I've re-subscribed? Surely that resets it?

To be honest I wouldn't have raised it but the email this morning upped my interest in Dublin gigs.

no... from the FAQ:

Q - New pre-sales have been announced but I have used my pre-sale code to buy tickets already. If I renew my U2.com subscription early, will I get a new pre-sale code to use against these new shows.

A - No, subscribers get one code to use with their annual subscription in an annual ticket selling cycle. For example, if you've already purchased tickets in a pre-sale for 2015 Tour dates, you will not be able to use a presale code to buy tickets if further dates were to be announced.

• Subscriber

Now there are student tickets going on sale in the general sale on Monday - this wasn't listed yesterday on Ticketmaster. Doesn't even say if it's just for Irish residents or not.  So a bulk of tickets being kept back for that.  And Red Zone/Music Generation are not available on pre-sale to those living outside Ireland. 

A big mess up with all the codes is making this all such a wonderful experience!

• Subscriber

Anyone that was holding out for Dublin/ Belfast could be really disappointed today. It seems to have happened yesterday. The trouble yesterday seems to be carrying over today. Question is will anything be done before or after...

• Subscriber

Cheers Max, that deals with early re subscription. Mine runs feb to feb. So 1 purchase with 1 years membership and now I'm in a new membership cycle? I suspect this is what's triggered the email today as I'm guessing a lot of members are in same position?

All speculation I know.... Perhaps one of the mods can review?

Archived