Two Hearts Beat as One this November in Ireland....Dublin & Belfast

• Subscriber

So not since 1997 have the band played both cities on a tour. Personally speaking, long overdue in Belfast, but fantastic that they have recognised the hotbed of support from the north and doing the 2 shows. Saves me and my carbon footprint which has went of the scale this year!!

Some of this please.

....and a low quality clip of Belfast on Popmart alert last time around, but not bad considering the mobile explosion was just around the corner and we didn't see it coming!

Should be quite the atmosphere at both venues!!

• Subscriber

Well you were hoping for Belfast all along and looks like you got your wish, The atmosphere will be better than MSG I am sure of that.

Yep. Certainly a dream come true for many fans to see them back in city. It will be rocking. 

• Subscriber

My daughter was just a baby when I went to the Popmart gig in Belfast.

Yesterday (after A LOT of effort!) I got GA tickets for Belfast on the 18th, and my daughter left for Newcastle University-

THAT'S how long it's been :lol:

I haven't been to any other U2 gigs in the meantime, so Christmas day is 18th November for me

Which day are you going Yardie?

• Subscriber

Yesterday (after A LOT of effort!) I got GA tickets for Belfast on the 18th, and my daughter left for Newcastle University-

I haven't been to any other U2 gigs in the meantime, so Christmas day is 18th November for me

18th for me too! Similarly, my eldest daughter was only 2 in '97. She's at uni too locally. A couple more have came along since. It's life! I actually didn't go to the popmart gig in Belfast, I went to Landsdowne Road a couple of days later. I think I had the the ticks for that already bought - as I recall the Belfast show was a late add-on, due to residents in Dublin (or courts) rejecting the application for a third night in Dubs back then - Bono even refers to it in that Belfast footage at the end of Pride - 'taking us in when our own city wouldn't' - he knows how to pull a crowd. lol. There was also the element of the band wanting to give the city a show back then with regard to the fledgling 'peace process'.

Here look, I've been very lucky and privileged to see the lads a few times since then, always in the south, and very luckily earlier this summer in NYC.

It's your time 'jojodee' - saw your trials and tribulations on other boards - good luck - you're going! Have a great night....it will be special. ;)

Edited by yardie

• Subscriber

18th for me too! Similarly, my eldest daughter was only 2 in '97. She's at uni too locally. A couple more have came along since. It's life! I actually didn't go to the popmart gig in Belfast, I went to Landsdowne Road a couple of days later. I think I had the the ticks for that already bought - as I recall the Belfast show was a late add-on, due to residents in Dublin (or courts) rejecting the application for a third night in Dubs back then - Bono even refers to it in that Belfast footage at the end of Pride - 'taking us in when our own city wouldn't' - he knows how to pull a crowd. lol. There was also the element of the band wanting to give the city a show back then with regard to the fledgling 'peace process'.

Here look, I've been very lucky and privileged to see the lads a few times since then, always in the south, and very luckily earlier this summer in NYC.

It's your time 'jojodee' - saw your trials and tribulations on other boards - good luck - you're going! Have a great night....it will be special. ;)

I think it will be special too- Can't wait!