• Subscriber

ok now that everything is finished i really need to write something. We didn't get any tickets today, we didn't see any in 4 hours on ticketmaster.ie for nov 27th and 28th.
We kept a code for this presale, we waited for the irish announcement and didn't use it before because we knew we wouldn't receive another one for the irish shows. And today i discovered EVERYBODY used their USED codes to get tickets! I'm not angry, i'm sad and disappointed because this is not the way to treat loyal fans: is it so difficult once and for all to check all the codes and cancel the used ones? U2.com had 9 months to do that! If we don't have any tickets today it's u2.com's fault becuase rules exist but are never applied...this is not the first presale and everytime i hope thing would get better but i'm always wrong.
I think subscribers should have tickets before other people: today tm didn't sell all the tickets because there is the public sale on monday! Who cares? Loyal fans first and then, if there still are some, tickets for others!

I know it's not Max or bigwave's fault but i really hope my outburst reach higher people in U2 management.

Thanks for reading...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

How do you know people used old codes again? Just because they said it on this website doesn't mean they did, leypts face it there are a lot of people out there just like to stir it up. I know the last pre-sale I definately could only use the code once and there are people on here complaining they couldn't use their code again so I would be more inclined to believe those complaining that they couldn't to those "letting o n" they could. I may be totally wrong but that is just my opinion. I've used the pre-sale for last tour and for this one and I cannot believe how smoothly it all went both times. I've been at every tour since the Joshua Tree and I can assure you tickets before pre-sale were a nitemare to get, queuing all nite in the rain etc etc . The one place I have always wanted to see U2 has been in my home town of Belfast in the Odysey mainly because it is such a small intimate arena and the sound is amazing however I always knew if it ever happened tickets would be like gold dust. I've held on to my code praying this tour as they were playing indoor my dream would come true so when it was announced I was nearly ill with worry about getting a ticket. I sat up until 2am on Tuesday night with no sign of the email coming through for the pre-sale, got up at 7am to find it in my inbox! I couldn't eat breakfast and hoovered house from top to bottom even got the ironing board out all to distract myself until 10am - signed in and low and behold two GA tickets first night in Belfast in the bag by 10.10am!!! I've been on a high ever since lol

• Subscriber

We received an email just late last night with the announcement and code.  It stated tickets would go on sale 12n local time.  Assumed PST.  No where on Ticketmaster is a presale happening at the moment.  Was it local Ireland time?  Did anybody manage to get tickets?

Not the only one...staring at the sun...

Edited by michnron
  • Subscriber

Old codes have been used again. I feel this guys pain - it's not right.

However, at this stage,I can only advise that they get on the button for general release.

My brother thinks 'i would sort him out' this time as before. Had to tell him only two tickets this time, get on the button Monday morn - and we always go together.

Sucks when you see or hear of tout sites with tickets at ridiculous prices.

• Subscriber

We received an email just late last night with the announcement and code. It stated tickets would go on sale 12n local time. Assumed PST. No where on Ticketmaster is a presale happening at the moment. Was it local Ireland time? Did anybody manage to get tickets?

Not the only one...staring at the sun...

presale starting time have been always venue time zone
  • Subscriber

I believe that anyone that used a pre sale code that had expired ( already been used)  whilst they may have got through and finalised their purchase, those tickets are getting cancelled.

• Subscriber

It didn't happen in the past

It won't happen this time

All those I know who did it had no a single cancellation or problem

But the point is why they received again the code and were able to use it

Edited by monica martino
  • Subscriber

I believe that anyone that used a pre sale code that had expired ( already been used)  whilst they may have got through and finalised their purchase, those tickets are getting cancelled.

What's your source for that? It's good news as far as Im concerned as it frees up tickets for others on general release - however I still understand why others will have attempted to use, and successfully used an existing or emailed code

Personal opinion is that if they had a presale and used it already - a bit feckin rich for them to try and use it again,as original terms and conditions were absolutely clear....but i'd probably have tried too.

There should be no complaints if cancellations happen - people were 'chancing their arm'.