Sign in to follow this  
joshua84

Very sad and disappointed fan

But the point is why they received again the code and were able to use it

that's the real problem...

ok now that everything is finished i really need to write something. We didn't get any tickets today, we didn't see any in 4 hours on ticketmaster.ie for nov 27th and 28th.

We kept a code for this presale, we waited for the irish announcement and didn't use it before because we knew we wouldn't receive another one for the irish shows. And today i discovered EVERYBODY used their USED codes to get tickets! I'm not angry, i'm sad and disappointed because this is not the way to treat loyal fans: is it so difficult once and for all to check all the codes and cancel the used ones? U2.com had 9 months to do that! If we don't have any tickets today it's u2.com's fault becuase rules exist but are never applied...this is not the first presale and everytime i hope thing would get better but i'm always wrong.

I think subscribers should have tickets before other people: today tm didn't sell all the tickets because there is the public sale on monday! Who cares? Loyal fans first and then, if there still are some, tickets for others!

I know it's not Max or bigwave's fault but i really hope my outburst reach higher people in U2 management.

Thanks for reading...

I agree - and my experience sounds exactly like yours - There is a post from another thread which I adressed this morning about someone who used their code when they knew it was no good- and got their ticket cancelled last nite - but that probably didn't happen in all cases, and those tickets did not get put back in the pile for today's presale - It is what it is - unfortunatly it did not work out for me

Joshua84... I started typing a reply to your post well over an hour ago- I am a slow typist- I feel bad for you. I started to 'reply to this topic' but I am going to reply in the paid fourm! I am actually typing it in a WORD document because my grammar and spelling are a bit poorish...every time I see your post I wish I could do something for you-truth is I cant do anything for you- but I do think your voice-eventhough it's through this message board- needs to be heard by the people at the 'TOP'... I would not have fancied being a moderator on this site the last few days... Hats off and drinks raised- hope they get OT x 2...From what I've seen the last few days and from past "EXPERIENCE"- the irony of the word- it's not acceptable! This has been brewing for months and has happened before. I know I'll be told 'oh one of the told you so brigade' but if you can take the time to read this...The only way I could predict this is beacuse of past "EXPERIENCE" thats all.. I dont want whats happened to you to happen to you or any loyal fan again- thats all!!!!!!! BEST OF LUCK MONDAY!!!

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/30528-renewed-sub-pre-sale-access-code-disappeared-merged/

ok now that everything is finished i really need to write something. We didn't get any tickets today, we didn't see any in 4 hours on ticketmaster.ie for nov 27th and 28th.

We kept a code for this presale, we waited for the irish announcement and didn't use it before because we knew we wouldn't receive another one for the irish shows. And today i discovered EVERYBODY used their USED codes to get tickets! I'm not angry, i'm sad and disappointed because this is not the way to treat loyal fans: is it so difficult once and for all to check all the codes and cancel the used ones? U2.com had 9 months to do that! If we don't have any tickets today it's u2.com's fault becuase rules exist but are never applied...this is not the first presale and everytime i hope thing would get better but i'm always wrong.

I think subscribers should have tickets before other people: today tm didn't sell all the tickets because there is the public sale on monday! Who cares? Loyal fans first and then, if there still are some, tickets for others!

I know it's not Max or bigwave's fault but i really hope my outburst reach higher people in U2 management.

Thanks for reading...

I think the amount of people allegedly using their code for a second time is being slightly exaggerated here. Demand was always going to be high, and with a small arena not everyone was going to be happy. Especially since a large amount of people foresaw these shows and kept their code

I kept my code specifically for these irish dates and was in the first day of presale. Even on that day I couldn't get tickets for the fri/sat and had to settle for the Mon show.

I think people need to remember that the presale code does not guarantee you a ticket. This was even witnessed on here for the 8 msg shows, when people couldn't get presale tickets due to demand and this is a bigger arena.

Rightly or wrongly irish based fans were offered tickets first, and I'm sure tickets are being held back for u2/corporate guests. So obviously this is going to take a large chunk out of the presale limits. I would be genuinely suprised if there will be more then 7-9k tickets left for general sale.

Edited by accicha

What you wrote is right but nevertheless still no answer on why they gave again the chance to subscribers who already used the code

I fully understand how you're feeling: i'm in the same bitter, sad, frustrating situation.I kept my expierence code (i'm a paid subscriber from many years) waiting just for Dublin dates, because it was my only dream for this tour. Now, it's going to be my first U2's tour (from Zootv) which i'll not be able to attend.

Edited by FabAntonello

We received an email just late last night with the announcement and code. It stated tickets would go on sale 12n local time. Assumed PST. No where on Ticketmaster is a presale happening at the moment. Was it local Ireland time? Did anybody manage to get tickets?

Not the only one...staring at the sun...

presale starting time have been always venue time zone

Thanks.  We will try tonight to get some tix for the sale tomorrow!!!!!

i've found 2 GA tickets today for nov 27th :) 

i was lucky but still doesn't change anything about all the problems i mentioned in this topic

Sign in to follow this