• Subscriber

I am here in the US - For another concert recently in NY for my daughter, she bought 4 tickets using one of my credit cards and I bought 2 tickets with different one of my credit cards ( my name and billing same on both) for a concert that had a 4 ticket limit and by the end of the day I had an email cancelling the order with 2 tickets, leaving the 4 that remained on the other card. However, when I called them, they said those were the published limits and I was lucky not to have both orders cancelled. So they do cancel - however it might be arbitrary.

Most people  will have the same problem here - Would like more than one show if it is possible to get any tix at all. But it would be good to know in advance if you are risking the original 2 you buy. Not too many ways around people in same household with same billing address. If last names are different you might be OK. Otherwise - borrow a friend or loved ones cc and address and account for the second order-

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

werid question

i bought 2 tickets using my dads credit card in the presale (we live in the same address) but in the public sale can someone use my debit card to get tickets using there ticketmaster accout (the tickets would be posted to there address not mine) or because the billing for both those transactions are from the same address its not possible ???

• Subscriber

There's a limit of two per show (per household or purchaser or whatever). There's also a presale limit of two, total.

So you can use the code to get two, for one or two concerts (two tix for one concert or one for each of two concerts, if you go on your own - I asked).

You can then get two more, for a different show, in the public sale, not using the code. That's not breaking the rules. However, it would be if you bought these tickets for the same show, from the same billing address.

• Subscriber

Sorry to add to the confusion but this was not what I was told when I called TM yesterday.

I said I had purchased two tickets for Dublin in pre sale and my flat mate wanted to try for tickets tomorrow in the general sale.

I was told if my flat mate was at the same address as me the tickets would be cancelled. That the limit was per household per event.

I said that was unfair because we are different people, not me going twice. The guy said that was the restriction in place because the demand was so high. I don't think it's fair but that's what I was told. The announcements all say different things, per transaction or per household and it's really unclear but if you're tickets are cancelled then they are gone so probably not worth the risk.

• Subscriber

werid question

i bought 2 tickets using my dads credit card in the presale (we live in the same address) but in the public sale can someone use my debit card to get tickets using there ticketmaster accout (the tickets would be posted to there address not mine) or because the billing for both those transactions are from the same address its not possible ???

I don't believe you can choose to post to an address other than the billing address.

So it's looking like, anyone lucky enough to get through and pull 2 tickets to the same show as bought on presale, would need to borrow mum or dad's card (or someone at a totally different address) to complete the sale.  Then if they're GA, take their credit card and ID on a little holiday to Ireland in November!

How many tickets can I buy?
There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
Multiple bookings may be cancelled.

It would have been great if they could clarify if this was A) relating to a single show or B) the run of 4 Dublin shows (or the run of 2 Belfast shows).

• Subscriber

Hi ,

I posted this question on a TM blog but haven't got a response yet...anyone here care to offer an opinion?. Thanks.

Can you confirm if the same restrictions applicable to GA tickets also apply to SEATS? That is, does someone purchasing tickets for SEATS have to show up at the venue on the night with their debit card and ID or would it be possible for them to buy the tickets as a present for someone else, without having to actually show up themselves?
thanks