Has Ticketmaster debited your account for Dublin tickets?

sugrue

• Subscriber

I booked tickets through presale on Thursday morning. I had the presale code which I hadn't used for any other presale!

Got my confirmation email from Ticketmaster when I booked. Checked my online banking and could see the debit amount to be taken by Ticketmaster so the account balance was showing that amount was pending debit for the account.

Checked my online bank last night and it seems the amount has gone back into my account. No sign of any transaction either debit or credit.

Rang the bank just there and they confirm that no money has been taken- and suggest I check with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster not open on Sunday so can't check so a bit concerned. Been googling and see it can happen but with the disaster and conflicting info from Ticketmaster over U2 shows- I have a bad feeling!

I have my confirmation email from ticketmaster and the tickets still show in my Ticketmaster account so hope the tickets are still there for me. 

Anyone in the same boat? Cheers!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Same here. Nothing showing on my credit card yet. Maybe they won't charge any cards until all the sales are complete. If they don't charge the card within a couple of days the pending charge disappears. It should reappear when they charge the card.

• Subscriber

Same here. Nothing showing on my credit card yet. Maybe they won't charge any cards until all the sales are complete. If they don't charge the card within a couple of days the pending charge disappears. It should reappear when they charge the card.

Thanks Stephenpooley! Feel a little better reading that... I checked my bank account after the booking- and it showed on it and then disappeared and I couldn't figure out how my account total went up! Then the panic alarm sounded. Getting too old for this- didn't sleep right last night after it. Thanks! Enjoy your show!

• Subscriber

Yeah. I keep checking my bank account, my ticketmaster account and this forum. Got a fright when the ticketmaster mobile site said 0 tickets and 0 charge. Desktop site says all is OK though. Never been as nervous about U2 tickets before.

I have to show my Wife your reply- she doesn't understand :rolleyes: .... "nails bitten down to the quick" by me over this one myself..... I got up during the night to send a message to Ticketmaster about it cos I was somewhere between disappointed and angry but wasn't sure- "...lost between the midnight and the dawning..."...... I seem to have the same ritual as you now. I'm a crap typist but think I can actually type my ticketmaster password with my eyes closed now :D ... Thanks again

ironically I had to edit this as I spelt between wrongly! and again!!!

Edited by sugrue

• Subscriber

What show did you get tickets for? I got standing for the Saturday.

oh man thats great! I never prepare for anything but Wednesday night I had everything set up with the ticketmaster account/deleted all the cookies etc.I had the code all ready for cut and paste for the scramble- so I had my shoes polished for the big day for the 1st time ever kind of way- Then 10am Thursday -I had tickets for Saturday in the 'virtual' basket and then pops up VERIFY BY VISA password confirmation- I have a dog and cat- couldn't think which one of them was my password so I'd to ring the bank- transaction timed out and back in the queue. Settled for Friday night seated front row 21 costing a pretty penny with good view I think if the tickets come!

The old saying 'best laid plans' comes to mind and the two pets have taken a bit of verbal abuse for not stepping up Thursday too I can tell you! Then when I looked at Bank account last night- panic panic panic!!

Edited by sugrue

Same has happened to be (after I had to fight tooth & nail to get my presale code re-instated - after u2.com said that I wasn't even a member....).  Money did go out on Thursday after pre-sale yet on checking bank account balance this morning - I had more money than anticipated.  Then I logged into this forum & saw the original message about bank acc's not being debited.  What are Ticketmaster at!!!!!  This is worrying!!!!! I have however checked my Ticketmaster acc.  - my 2 tickets are still there.

Edited by emergencyU2

• Subscriber

No need to worry I think. It seems to be the same for everyone. Although if anything is going to go wrong I'd hope to find out tomorrow so I could try the general sale. I'd imagine if everything is legitimate and the ticket limits have been adhered to then there is nothing to worry about.

• Subscriber

I guess it's on the phone at 8:30am so to Ticketmaster it is- just to double double check!

Stephenpooley your optimism is the only thing thats keeping me calm at the moment! I saw seats on the seatwave part of the Ticketmaster site on Thursday around the same block I've booked at 1,499 quid per ticket and can't help thinking that they'd throw my tickets into that. I know thats not how it works but the confusion and not knowing is making me nervous!