Has Ticketmaster debited your account for Dublin tickets?

sugrue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

So why debit our bank - then only to seemingly cancel the transaction? I'd rather they take the money now & stop their messing!! 

I couldn't agree more- cos now I don't know if I have to hope that it will be ok or try for tickets in the morning- and I definitly can't chance my debit card! 

• Subscriber

Yeah. It's worrying that those kind of prices are being asked. Surely nobody is paying that kind of money?

My girlfriend said the colour drained from my face when I saw the ticketmaster mobile site saying 0 tickets in my order.

I probably won't be secure about my tickets until I'm inside the arena. There's something a little unnerving about these paperless tickets. I have an awful fear that I'll swipe my credit card on the night and be told I don't have tickets. Haha.

• Subscriber

Yeah. It's worrying that those kind of prices are being asked. Surely nobody is paying that kind of money?

My girlfriend said the colour drained from my face when I saw the ticketmaster mobile site saying 0 tickets in my order.

I probably won't be secure about my tickets until I'm inside the arena. There's something a little unnerving about these paperless tickets. I have an awful fear that I'll swipe my credit card on the night and be told I don't have tickets. Haha.

Ha ha.... there might be shouts of 'crazy man' on the roof on the Friday night too yet. If only someone in Ticketmaster might have forgot something when they finished work yesterday and pops in to see a message waiting on their computer I'd be flying!!!!!  

I wonder is this a ploy to stop us seeking more tickets for additional shows in the General Sale tomorrow? I've never even heard of this happening before - particularly now that we live in such a commercially sensitive world ie - if someone buys something off you, you grab the money quick!!

• Subscriber

I wonder that too. There seems to be no clarity about ticket limits per card, per household or per purchaser. People getting different answers from ticketmaster. Maybe a tactic to stop people from trying on Monday. Less people trying means less stress on the ticketmaster system.

I've had other transactions sit pending on my account for a while and then disappear only to reappear a few days later.Hopefully this is the case. They can't go around cancelling ticket orders for no reason. Although a message from Ticketmaster saying "your tickets are safe, chill out" would be reassuring.

• Subscriber

I wonder is this a ploy to stop us seeking more tickets for additional shows in the General Sale tomorrow? I've never even heard of this happening before - particularly now that we live in such a commercially sensitive world ie - if someone buys something off you, you grab the money quick!!

I wonder that too. There seems to be no clarity about ticket limits per card, per household or per purchaser. People getting different answers from ticketmaster. Maybe a tactic to stop people from trying on Monday. Less people trying means less stress on the ticketmaster system.

I've had other transactions sit pending on my account for a while and then disappear only to reappear a few days later.Hopefully this is the case. They can't go around cancelling ticket orders for no reason. Although a message from Ticketmaster saying "your tickets are safe, chill out" would be reassuring.

A ploy to make me try again is what I think!! When I rang BOI365 this morning I asked the man could he see if there had been a check on the account even by Ticketmaster as it definitly showed up on my account on the day I thought I was buying and he said 'NO nothing showing' and could not give an explanation (not his fault) for it either except to check with Ticketmaster!

A ploy to make me try again is what I think!! When I rang BOI365 this morning I asked the man could he see if there had been a check on the account even by Ticketmaster as it definitly showed up on my account on the day I thought I was buying and he said 'NO nothing showing' and could not give an explanation (not his fault) for it either except to check with Ticketmaster!

The banks will play dumb in this & they probably don't want to get involved - Ticketmaster were able to access our acc's (I too use BOI365) and then without notification credit back the amount to us.  For the bank not to acknowledge this is a lie, I feel.  The bank can see everything that goes on/has gone on in your account.  I'd say they have a 'commercial agreement' with big companies (such as ticketmaster) to kind of let them do their own thing - once you yourself have authorised a payment to a supplier.  Just my thoughts...