Dublin and Belfast: where are people staying, any plans for a gathering?

• Subscriber

Hey all - Can't wait till 2AM this morning when tickets go on sale! For those travelling to Belfast and Dublin, just wondering where people are staying  - I'm finding it a bit difficult to wade through all the vast jumps in prices for a decent hotel or hostel in both cities - and I used to live near Dublin and visited  both places frequently so I am somewhat familiar with the areas! 

Also wondering if anyone is planning a U2 fan get-together around the shows? or plans to explore the neighbourhoods?  Do we have any tour guides here?  Maybe someone can lead us in a tour of u2 sites in the city!

I need more crazy U2 fans in my life!  It would be great to meet new people!

Cheers!  

• Subscriber

Folks, any hotel in Belfast City centre is within walking distance to SSE. Or a cheap taxi ride if slightly out of town.

If anyone is interested I will put together a "local guide" of the best places to visit, eat drink.

I

• Subscriber

A local guide of best places etc would be fantastic!  I've been to Belfast a number of times, but am only familiar-ish with city centre, and really just the mainstream stuff. Local advice is much appreciated and adds the best depth to out-of-towners' experiences!  Thanks!

• Subscriber

What's about drinking some beers after concert? As far as I know they have strict closing hours in Ireland and pubs close already around 23h-00h, so looks like it will be difficult to find a place to enjoy some drinks after the gig?

What's about drinking some beers after concert? As far as I know they have strict closing hours in Ireland and pubs close already around 23h-00h, so looks like it will be difficult to find a place to enjoy some drinks after the gig?

What about the Temple Bar, does that close at 11?

• Subscriber

That might be in Northern Ireland but certainly not in Dublin. 

• Subscriber

Folks, any hotel in Belfast City centre is within walking distance to SSE. Or a cheap taxi ride if slightly out of town.

If anyone is interested I will put together a "local guide" of the best places to visit, eat drink.

I

I definitely need to see where to stay.. I was in Belfast in the early 90's and no idea where to stay.. Also wondering how late the trains run back to Dublin as I thought about staying the 18th then leaving the 19th after the show