Help! I got student tickets accidentally

u2search

• Subscriber

Same problem here. In the rush to get the tickets I just clicked on the icon for the Thursday night gig in Belfast. To be fair, if I hadn't been in such a rush I might've noticed but it was not very clear. There is so much information thrown at you at once and it is confusing if you're not regular buyer of tickets online. What is confusing is the student tickets are the same price as the standard tickets; can anyone explain that? Does anyone know how strict they will be about admitting people in our situation? Do they really scrutinise the ID at the SSE Arena? You would need to be really mean to not let someone in, if they were the standing outside the venue with the gig about to start and they had paid the same price for their 'student' tickets as a standard ticket purchaser.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just got a reply!

Hi,

A few other customers are in the same boat. We have contacted the venue and they have said they will let you into the venue on the night but you will have to enter via the box office entrance,

Regards,

Gavin

• Subscriber

BEGOU2- if you still looking for Ticketmaster contact online go to http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_ql_3

Type something like - CATS into the space for question CLICK on ASK

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see (I hope):  If you couldn't find an answer, you can also  CONTACT US

Thanks, I just sent an e mail to TM. Hopefully I will get a replay.

Thanks again.

• Subscriber

I just got a reply!

Hi,

A few other customers are in the same boat. We have contacted the venue and they have said they will let you into the venue on the night but you will have to enter via the box office entrance,

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Cassie,

Is that a reply from TM? Did you fill in the form, or contact them via another way? 

I haven't heard from them yet. 

Thanks,

Astrid

• Subscriber

Good news!!  I called Ticketmaster help line and got a very nice young woman who refunded my Student GA ticket!

She said they've had problems with the Student tix being purchased in error and are sorting it out.

Give them a call!  (it took 9 calls, but I did get through eventually).