Heart broken

fishneedbikes

• Subscriber
I cannot believe I wasn't able to purchase 2 tickets to a Dublin gig. I have been a fan since Self Aid in RDS in 17th May 1986 when they player Eddie Cochran's C'mon everybody, Pride, Maggie's Farm and Bad. I can say by heart every word Bono spoke on the night which includes a long speech on unemployment in Ireland. Saw them twice in Slane, three times Croke Park, twice in RDS, twice in Madison Sq, twice at Earl's Court, once in Wembley, and a few more (14 times in total). I even saw them in the Astoria Theatre in London along with another 1200 people. I have purchased numerous lithograph collections and even have the Baked Bean Boy lithograph from Peter & the Wolf. I have Edge's plectrum from the 2nd gig at Slane where I was in the Heart. I have a number of original paintings of the lads by William MulhalI, I have all the official dvd's and cd's and some vinyl. I have a collection of Propaganda from the 1980's and a huge number of U2 guitar books. I have inflatable lemons, belt buckles, snow globes, photos, luggage tags, Fly glasses and much more. And Yes, I said Snow Globes....   

l live in Co. Kildare which is about 30 minutes from the 3 Arena and was sure I would get tickets today as there is a few concerts being played. I wasn't even a little worried.... I logged onto ticketmaster at 8:50am and clicked 'til my fingers were sore.  

I blamed my broadband speed, my work colleagues that were distracting me with 'work', I blamed ticketmaster for being ticketmaster and for not being Ticket Masters. I blamed U2 for not playing next door to me so I would get complimentary tickets for the inconvenience. I blamed all the haters who slag off U2 all year around until tickets go on sale at which time they buy them, I blamed the non-Irish for purchasing tickets for gigs in Ireland where Irish cannot get them.I blamed my wife for not organising tickets behind my back to surprise me... Doesn't she love me? I blamed my kids for keeping me awake last night, it might have affected the quick action in my fingers and that one click could of done it.     

Unfortunately, I let my membership lapse last year on U2.com, I wasn't broke or anything although it was a decision of economics. I could't justify the payment that I have been paying every year since I don't know when. I didn't see the value in it.

I haven't read the books I already have, never mind the limited edition books, cd's dvd's etc that you get with membership. I don't really log into Zootopia any more and definitely haven't posted for years and years. Partly due to some weird private messages I was receiving back in the day but mostly because I find it hard to make time. I have two wonderful kids, a wonderful wife and a not so wonderful business. I just didn't see the benefit. I knew I was a fan, I didn't need people I will never meet to know it, I knew it.  

But now, I need everyone to know I am a fan, I'm a huge fan,  and it was my fault I do not have my tickets for a Dublin gig. And I am distraught. Although distraught is a little strong. It's not the end of the World, I still have my wonderful kids and wife, I still have my health and am still a huge U2 fan.

Now onto Ebay......

Mick

FishNeedBikes

• Subscriber

I cannot believe I wasn't able to purchase 2 tickets to a Dublin gig. I have been a fan since Self Aid in RDS in 17th May 1986 when they player Eddie Cochran's C'mon everybody, Pride, Maggie's Farm and Bad. I can say by heart every word Bono spoke on the night which includes a long speech on unemployment in Ireland. Saw them twice in Slane, three times Croke Park, twice in RDS, twice in Madison Sq, twice at Earl's Court, once in Wembley, and a few more (14 times in total). I even saw them in the Astoria Theatre in London along with another 1200 people. I have purchased numerous lithograph collections and even have the Baked Bean Boy lithograph from Peter & the Wolf. I have Edge's plectrum from the 2nd gig at Slane where I was in the Heart. I have a number of original paintings of the lads by William MulhalI, I have all the official dvd's and cd's and some vinyl. I have a collection of Propaganda from the 1980's and a huge number of U2 guitar books. I have inflatable lemons, belt buckles, snow globes, photos, luggage tags, Fly glasses and much more. And Yes, I said Snow Globes....   

l live in Co. Kildare which is about 30 minutes from the 3 Arena and was sure I would get tickets today as there is a few concerts being played. I wasn't even a little worried.... I logged onto ticketmaster at 8:50am and clicked 'til my fingers were sore.  

I blamed my broadband speed, my work colleagues that were distracting me with 'work', I blamed ticketmaster for being ticketmaster and for not being Ticket Masters. I blamed U2 for not playing next door to me so I would get complimentary tickets for the inconvenience. I blamed all the haters who slag off U2 all year around until tickets go on sale at which time they buy them, I blamed the non-Irish for purchasing tickets for gigs in Ireland where Irish cannot get them.I blamed my wife for not organising tickets behind my back to surprise me... Doesn't she love me? I blamed my kids for keeping me awake last night, it might have affected the quick action in my fingers and that one click could of done it.     
Unfortunately, I let my membership lapse last year on U2.com, I wasn't broke or anything although it was a decision of economics. I could't justify the payment that I have been paying every year since I don't know when. I didn't see the value in it.

I haven't read the books I already have, never mind the limited edition books, cd's dvd's etc that you get with membership. I don't really log into Zootopia any more and definitely haven't posted for years and years. Partly due to some weird private messages I was receiving back in the day but mostly because I find it hard to make time. I have two wonderful kids, a wonderful wife and a not so wonderful business. I just didn't see the benefit. I knew I was a fan, I didn't need people I will never meet to know it, I knew it.  

But now, I need everyone to know I am a fan, I'm a huge fan,  and it was my fault I do not have my tickets for a Dublin gig. And I am distraught. Although distraught is a little strong. It's not the end of the World, I still have my wonderful kids and wife, I still have my health and am still a huge U2 fan.

Now onto Ebay......

Mick

FishNeedBikes

fingers crossed, something will turn up - an extra date maybe?

• 1 month later...