What do you think of POP?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think POP is a(n)

• Great album
    • Good album
    • Average album
    • Awful album

• Subscriber

Yeah...I love the songs you mentioned....

I like the way you put it into perspective....

Thank you for that remark!

I'm quite happy if something I mention is of some use.

When I think about the sheer variety of high level songs U2 has consistently created,

I just feel that we are incredibly lucky bastards to be here when it's still very much a vibrant unit.

Who's writing like them these days?

I can't think of many acts even in the same building as those guys.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm gonna go ahead and say it.......I always find deep intimate stuff in U2 songs  that I feel were always meant to be there....And since 2003 when I became a fan (I'm only  27)....Before every album (, Bomb, NLOTH, SOI)  I had Ideas and images in my head related to Experiences I've had...and then I found  all those things In U2's Next Album !!! Like Bono traveled to my head at night or smth...And Edge's riff on CedarWood Road (My fav song on SOI)...Is a sound SO familiar like I always had ir in my head but couldn't express it !!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I'm gonna go ahead and say it.......I always find deep intimate stuff in U2 songs that I feel were always meant to be there....And since 2003 when I became a fan (I'm only 27)....Before every album (, Bomb, NLOTH, SOI) I had Ideas and images in my head related to Experiences I've had...and then I found all those things In U2's Next Album !!! Like Bono traveled to my head at night or smth...And Edge's riff on CedarWood Road (My fav song on SOI)...Is a sound SO familiar like I always had ir in my head but couldn't express it !!!!!!

Yes.

The great artists can create new value using the same tools as before that speak to feelings that the rest of have never been able to express...or at least not express in the same way.

U2 are masters at the Art of making the personal the universal.

• Subscriber

Before SOI.....I was thinking about A Light that mustn't  go out although there is doubt and The Your Own tricks thing...I was thinking abut it the same week SOI came out....A few days before even I was thinking...." The Hardest thing I'll ever do Is to find My Own tricks"  Of course I can't prove it, it's all there in my head....Do U get it???

• Subscriber

Before SOI.....I was thinking about A Light that mustn't go out although there is doubt and The Your Own tricks thing...I was thinking abut it the same week SOI came out....A few days before even I was thinking...." The Hardest thing I'll ever do Is to find My Own tricks" Of course I can't prove it, it's all there in my head....Do U get it???

I think I do, though I've never had an experience like that...well, I did say to Bill Flanagan that I hoped U2 could do The Wanderer in concert the way they did Satellite Of Love, with footage of Johnny Cash singing it in the studio back in the winter of 1993.

Well, we didn't get that at the I/E shows but it was close!

I don't think that Bill suggested it to them.

I'm sure they'd thought about doing it for years.

Still, it felt great to feel like I was on a similar track.

• Subscriber

Before SOI.....I was thinking about A Light that mustn't go out although there is doubt and The Your Own tricks thing...I was thinking abut it the same week SOI came out....A few days before even I was thinking...." The Hardest thing I'll ever do Is to find My Own tricks" Of course I can't prove it, it's all there in my head....Do U get it???

I think I do, though I've never had an experience like that...well, I did say to Bill Flanagan that I hoped U2 could do The Wanderer in concert the way they did Satellite Of Love, with footage of Johnny Cash singing it in the studio back in the winter of 1993.

Well, we didn't get that at the I/E shows but it was close!

I don't think that Bill suggested it to them.

I'm sure they'd thought about doing it for years.

Still, it felt great to feel like I was on a similar track.

Amazing !!!  I thought of that too.