Need Advice and/or Two (2) Tickets for Dublin 3 or Dublin 4

• Subscriber

Trying to make my lifelong dream of seeing U2 in Dublin a reality.   

Would love a pair of either seated or standing tickets for either Dublin 3 or Dublin 4.  Will buy you all the beer you can drink at the show (and before, and after) if you can hook me up.  Thanks!

Would also appreciate any advice on how to best acquire tickets.  Here in the US there are many options (message boards like this, craigslist, Stubhub, many broker sites, etc.) so there is always a lot of supply.  Even though the prices can be higher than face value, 99% of the time I can get tickets are a fair price.  For these Dublin shows I have seen only very limited supply on the secondary market and prices start at about 400 euro for crap seats.  Do folks think the prices will come down as the shows draw near or is there so much demand for these home town shows that they will stay at this level or go higher?  I can pay above face value but it will cost me a ton just to get from California to Ireland and cannot spend my life savings.  Do I cancel my reservations or keep them?  There is no way I travel to Dublin and not see U2, but I am nervous about finding tickets.  I appreciate any comments or advice you can provide.

Edited by Yahweh
  • Subscriber

I can't speak about Dublin/Europe shows as I saw U2 on the 360 Tour in Ireland but had tickets. I can say that I live in NY and ticket prices DID NOT come down for the MSG shows and they played 8 nights. Tickets went insane, I even sold a pair for one show (for cost) that I had crappy seats to thinking I could get better and it was impossible. With only 4 shows in Dublin in a smaller venue I would think they follow the MSG path and will go down a little in the next couple of weeks but then shoot up. 

• Subscriber

Well I heard a rumour that this won't be their last shows in Ireland. Today I talked to ticketmaster on the phone and asked them about it. They had heard the rumours too and even when they didn't deny nor confirm, I think I would wait a while if I were you.

Goodluck!

• Subscriber

Well I heard a rumour that this won't be their last shows in Ireland. Today I talked to ticketmaster on the phone and asked them about it. They had heard the rumours too and even when they didn't deny nor confirm, I think I would wait a while if I were you.

Goodluck!

That would be great if they added more. I recall another thread where someone said Bono stated it wasn't possible because of the venues being unavailable. I'd gladly stick around a few more days for another show if it happens

• Subscriber

Venue is booked from 29 November to 6 December, inclusive. It's also booked on 11December, 12 December and from 15 December to 19 December, inclusive.

Based on that I guess they COULD play 7th/8th or 9th/10th but I would think they would have already announced

• Subscriber

Please please please, anyone have an extra pair (or even a single) for Dublin 3 and Dublin 4.  Sell to me and I will make it worth your while.  Traveling over 5,000 miles just to see U2 but I have no tickets!  Help!  Thanks....