Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

TFI Friday

It's still all sinking in... Feels a bit like a dream but I've seen video evidence that this actually happened!!!! Anyway here we go:

Friday night I got to participate in something really special thanks to U2.com and bigwave. Being part of the TFI Friday audience was a fantastic experience on so many levels. I've been at the front for a lot of gigs (U2 ones included) but this was something different. It was like you were on the stage with them. I thought the atmosphere was electric and the band were on top form. We were treated to four fantastic songs. Loved hearing Raised By Wolves and Out Of Control, which was out of control! It was also a great opportunity for me to hear some new music. I hope that someone signs Sound Of The Siren as they are definitely my cup of tea. When The Edge invents immortality he best share the secret so that I can be there at every show singing along and supporting them.

Would have been 1 year to the day the recording of Graham Norton Show. Spending 2 consecutive birthdays watching U2 would have been awesome but bit tough on the wife. Glad you made this one Big Wave.

Hi there, I was one of the very lucky ones who won tickets to see the TFI Friday show. I've been a fan for over 20 years and was over the moon at getting this very exclusive chance to see them up close and personal.

I got there early in the hope of meeting them all as they entered the building and was fortunate enough to meet Adam.

After meeting with the production team and getting our names checked on the guest list we were give wristbands and we were soon ushered into the studio right up to the front of the stage.

The atmosphere was electric, I've been to U2 stadium tours and they have a presence of their own, but to be literally a foot away from Bono as he sang Raised By Wolves

was totally awesome, I was dumbstruck and had to keep pinching myself that I was there and it wasn't a dream. I never in a million years thought I'd see U2 in such an intimate setting compared to a huge tour venue. The set and sound was brilliant, top class and perfect.The music was fantastic too and I got to watch it on tv to re-live it over again. I must say a HUGE thank you to Alan Ivory who pointed me to the competition on here otherwise I would have been none the wiser. I feel extremely privileged to have experienced such a surreal performance, definitely one to tell the grandchildren about in the future. Thanks to the admin who sorted out the details and to John for his helpful demeanour. All songs were great and Bono sprayed a bottle of champagne into the audience!!! Absolute dream come true

Actually they left the best at the end

I loved how they did Song for Someone and it always gives me heartbreaking hearing the words of introduction to out of control

what a special night... and fantastic to be there with the other ZT's.... Band was on top form, and the sound / atmosphere in the studio was electric... so powerful. So close we could touch the band.. and some of us did just that... 

Really surprised they did Raised By Wolves to open. Cut like a knife in the studio, right to the core. A reason this was performed in London... Listen to lyrics & read up on what its about to get an understanding on that. As relevant as they have ever been if anyone ever doubted..

Down in the pit, we could barely hear the interviews and got asked to hush up when they were on, but after watching back the show afterwards, we were a bit noisy at times :)

Vertigo was a great way to end the tv show, tight as a drum... and then we got 2 extra tracks after the broadcast ended - SFS nice touch, but for me the highlight of the whole event came when Bono cracked the champagne and Bonotized us all, and then Out Of Control send us into overdrive.

Whole show impressed me greatly... the way they swapped out the equipment between bands and back again for U2 at the end was very fast and professional, and the compere (who you didn't actually see on tv) was great too, really got the crowd going and kept us up throughout the show.

Wow great to read the reviews, so pleased for you all, what an incredible experience, bet you'll never forget it:)

Reallt great you all had such a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your reviews here, makes us feel the excitement too