RED ZONE VISIBILITY

Eddy

• Subscriber

I found being towards rear of red zone was the best place to be. Still very close to main stage but also best view of screens and band when performing along walkway. E stage also just that bit closer so had no problems seeing band there.

I like the fact that entire stage areas are being constantly used. Yes as red zone I expect to be up at the front, and I do feel they have squeezed the barrier line a bit to get more GA in the middle - hence the constant ticket drops - so red zone a bit too much in the corner. But if we had simply formed the front area of main stage then we would have missed half the show. As earlier post mentions you can opt to go to GA during show and then come back again.

Got to agree with red sofa comment though. Some of us red zoners are getting on in years and need our creature comforts.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ha ha we asked security to get a sofa from backstage - they laughed at us mockingly lol

I wished I'd gone to GA for a better view, being quite small I couldn't see a thing where I was,I love watching Bono as a focal point. It was great when he was on the main stage but missed a view of EBW which I was gutted about.

The colours on the screens were amazing

• Subscriber

The main reason of (red) zone is charity, if you want a better place to watch the show you have a lot of options with regular tickets

We all know that's not why we pay for those tix;)

• Subscriber

Red zone..waste of money. .better view in general admission. .would not pay that kind of money again for such a poor view. This was at the o2 London. .concert was good though. ..

Agree totally - good view of stage near front but couldn't see a thing on walkway or e-stage so missed quite a bit If the show. Hugely disappointed with the lack of view :(

And Bono forgot us til just towards the very end but he didn't look down our way, he kept going to the north side on Monday night. Edge and Adam came over tho :)

• Subscriber

Given the red zone is a sea of GA people deep (why that is the case is a mystery to me) would it not make sense to raise the red zone area with a one step platform? just alongside the zone in London was a simple raised area where only security were allowed.

If red zones were given the same we could see the whole show from start to end rather than the middle being invisible!

I do hope they change something in this regard next time

Thanks for all the info. Just so I can get this straight ...... Am in RZ tomorrow at Glasgow and dreading not being usual GA at the front. Can you join GA once you are in there and is it best to pick i or E stage and stay there or is there chance to move around without pissing people off ??

Archived