Sign in to follow this  
macphistothegreat

Ticket System

Hi just wondering how strict the ticket checks are

Ive been to Vancouver and london but on my own purchased tickets.

Travelling to Glasgow but using tickets from a friend who couldnt make the show.

I know for our standing tickets i received an email prior to the gig saying vaild ID needed pruchaser must be present etc.

Afraid to risk the trip and money for disappointment

Thanks in advance for you help and advice

Edited by macphistothegreat

They checked credit card and I.d and ticket ref last night. If you can it may be worth your while checking with the venue:)

Good luck, hope you get in

I am trying to sell 4 tickets for glasgow that I got from livenation so I have a letter from livenation saying that the tickets are availbale for collection with only a photocopy of my photo id. I dont know what the general rules are.

They checked credit card and I.d and ticket ref last night. If you can it may be worth your while checking with the venue:)

Good luck, hope you get in

Thanks Anjana and were you sitting or standing/ they didn't check ours fro London or Vancouver and we were sitting

Only GA was paperless in London

Red Zone is ticket collection

Ticket master have just sent out an email telling you what door to go in east,and what you need to take with you to get into ga.

I read it, feeling a bit insecure about it ;)

Being old fashioned I would love to have a paper ticket, less stress ....

Just spent a stressful 2 hours on the phone to TM. Apparently for ONLY the Glasgow and London gigs, "the band and promoter have stipulated" that you must have the bank card the tickets were booked on (the 2 stressful hours were spent getting my ticket booking transferred onto my new card as the card I made the booking on expired earlier this year).

TM stressed to me on the phone that I must have my (newly registered) payment card and photo ID - this is for GA standing only - to gain entry to the venue, otherwise I'll be refused admission if I don't have both.

TM also told me that my payment card and photo ID will be scanned at the venue door...this is what I am more worried about; I have venue security scanning my card and my photo ID that contains all neccesary information to clone my ID....NOT a good process.

The real fly in the ointment is the fact that I have absolutely no ticket memento of the gig. I keep my gig tickets and have done for decades, and despite spending a small fortune on this tour, I have nothing to show for my upcoming gigs.....no paperless ticket....absolutely nothing.

A friend sent me a link advertising some sort of souvenir lanyard of the gig....something that I'm going to have to pay for , over and above the cost of admission!!! Those in seats at least have a computer generated ticket that they can save but GA has nothing.

To be honest, it's really taken some of the goodness out of the anticipation of the gig and has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.....

I was at the Amsterdam gig in September, GA and it ran like clockwork...really well organised but this UK leg....total farce.

I feel for you, it's supposed to be an enjoyable experience not a stressful one. I had card issues too and TM said to me too that UK gigs are really strict this time round. I can understand the premise behind the rules but the total inflexibility has made it quite hard for genuine fans with genuine reasons for changes, who may have bought tickets almost a year ago now

Sign in to follow this