Been up on stage with the band at one of the shows this year?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Manager

I am just curious how U2.com was already in touch with a bunch of the fans to message them about the Paris thing before they posted it publicly asking for the rest of them to get in touch....

some fans are easily found, they might post a lot, on social media etc, so easy to contact. Others may not be on so much, or names not even known. 

It appears the poll was up and running - meaning votes could be cast - before the list of name was even completed. Surely this will only give some an unfair advantage over others. Seems a little shabbily put together at short notice. I'm reading tweets from some who have not even been added to the poll yet!!! 

Perhaps the winner(s) has already been selected, who knows! 

Possible scenario :

Option 1. Start poll with everyone who had been contacted / contact details known / permission etc. (with a clear message in the article to anyone who was not in the Poll to email in and get on it asap).

Option 2. Wait until every person who might have been on stage was contacted (almost impossible if they are not known).

Option 3. Abandon ship.

• Subscriber

Honestly, do you really think fans want to see other fans up on stage for a 2nd (or 3rd) time? I think not. They either want the opportunity to get on stage themselves or they enjoy the spontaneity of the moment. As Bono says, "Be in the Moment". 

I am uncomfortable and disappointed in this contest. Why not give another huge fan a chance. There are many of us who have seen them in multiple times, in multiple cities in multiple countries. And not just on the U2ieTour.

• Subscriber

@U2comZooMods you can't please all of the people all of the time. #leaveitbehind pic.twitter.com/KTYyFgLpnD

— Alan Ivory (@alsy01) November 11, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BW it's easy and slightly disappointing to see you post only the tweets that you 'like' and 'retweet' - i.e. the ones that agree with this ridiculous poll idea. 

• Subscriber

Another possible scenario:

Option 1: Start the whole thing earlier so everyone has a cut off date before the poll opens. Or don't do it at all. 

Option 2: If you can't give everyone who was on the e-stage a chance to enter then don't do it. 

Option 3: Just make sure you've voted before you abandon that ship! 

As has been said on here and social media, this is a popularity contest for the few - including some who have been up on the e-stage on multiple occasions already! Is that really fair? The musicians I've less of a problem with but the pretty faces who seem to hold sway over the e-stage clique is distasteful and contrived. People are using this as some kind of status symbol over other U2 fans - and the official message board is organising / condoning it. 

• Community Manager

BW it's easy and slightly disappointing to see you post only the tweets that you 'like' and 'retweet' - i.e. the ones that agree with this ridiculous poll idea. 

I have an opinion and like you can post things I agree with / disagree with, no?

You have a different opinion, & you have a platform here to share them. Please respect other people's to do the same.

• Community Manager

Honestly, do you really think fans want to see other fans up on stage for a 2nd (or 3rd) time? I think not. They either want the opportunity to get on stage themselves or they enjoy the spontaneity of the moment. As Bono says, "Be in the Moment". 

I am uncomfortable and disappointed in this contest. Why not give another huge fan a chance. There are many of us who have seen them in multiple times, in multiple cities in multiple countries. And not just on the U2ieTour.

who's to say that Bono might bring a new person up on the night also / instead of? We don't know as yet what the format will be.

• Subscriber

I agree with you 100%. The last thing i want to see is the same people on stage over and over and over again. cool, they had their moment but how about someone who hasnt had that moment they've dreamed of. 

• Subscriber

I have an opinion and like you can post things I agree with / disagree with, no?

You have a different opinion, & you have a platform here to share them. Please respect other people's to do the same.

I'm not going to fall out with you BW because I happen to think you're a good an helpful guy: however I also think that as a Mod you'd be better served remaining impartial, so retweeting / posting only those you agree with is not particularly impartial and only stifles the argument of the dissenters. Although it could be said U2.com would rather spin the positive - self preservation and all that.