White out Belfast Nov 18

monica martino

• Subscriber

What about white balloons? I was fortunate enough to see U2 in Stade de France on the 360 tour. The French fans were all waving white balloons as the band came on stage. Have never found out why though. Any large chain sell white balloons in bulk?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHAwSTffuQ

That sounds really cool, but I don't think that will be permitted into the arena. Plus, I would have to believe that it would block people's view.

• Subscriber

Well the idea would be to wave them as Bono comes on to Miracle, their first song since playing Paris rather than repeatedly throughout the gig. As someone on Facebook posted, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Raised by Wolves have their own meanings and causes. I wouldn't know the Odyssey's policy on balloons. I'll be there on Wednesday wearing something white nonetheless.

• Subscriber

Thank you to ALL of the U2ers who made #whiteoutbelfast such a huge success. Connie and I have been overwhelmed at the response and, for me at least, it still hasn't sunken in yet. Its all very surreal. You sounded amazing tonight in Belfast..I wish that I could have been there with you. But to all of the fans who were even a tiny part of supporting White Out Belfast, you have my love and respect. You have proven again that U2 fans are the best in the world. Your voices were heard tonight. You were, and are, #strongerthanfear

post-690913-0-10626000-1447890142_thumb.jpg