MGZ/Red Zone

• Subscriber

That sounds terrible. I saw them in London in GA and it was a great view. I was looking forward to the MGZ experience in Dublin at the price I paid. This sounds like a joke to charge premium prices for an area that doesn't provide any advantage. I'll be there on Saturday and am worried now.

Alan

• Subscriber

yes, I can confirm that it was a poor set up in the MG zone in Dublin, was in MG on Tuesday night and it is as far back from the main stage as can be, and even when they play the B stage it's still somewhat removed; After the first few tracks I left to go the general GA zone!

I know that the 3 Arena set up gives the planners less latitiude but I firmly believe that the configuration should have been done differently to allow for people who had paid so much to be better accommodated notwithstanding the charity element. (I don't give this criticism lightly as I've been a long long time fan of the band who has watched them on every tour since 1979 in every possible vantage point, and have been lucky to have been comped and VIPd at several of the tours, so I feel that over the years I've been more than looked after, but I do feel sorry for people who have paid top money for perhaps the one chance to see them on this tour and to be stuck at the back will be a major dissappointment).

In fairness, at the previous show the friends and family zone wasn't any better than the MG zone thought slightly more elevated

• Subscriber

yes, I can confirm that it was a poor set up in the MG zone in Dublin, was in MG on Tuesday night and it is as far back from the main stage as can be, and even when they play the B stage it's still somewhat removed; After the first few tracks I left to go the general GA zone!

I know that the 3 Arena set up gives the planners less latitiude but I firmly believe that the configuration should have been done differently to allow for people who had paid so much to be better accommodated notwithstanding the charity element. (I don't give this criticism lightly as I've been a long long time fan of the band who has watched them on every tour since 1979 in every possible vantage point, and have been lucky to have been comped and VIPd at several of the tours, so I feel that over the years I've been more than looked after, but I do feel sorry for people who have paid top money for perhaps the one chance to see them on this tour and to be stuck at the back will be a major dissappointment).

In fairness, at the previous show the friends and family zone wasn't any better than the MG zone thought slightly more elevated

While I get the whole charity premise behind it, how the set up was executed was extremely poor. When you actually look at it, you are essentially get a GA ticket for an area that affords a worse view then potentially a normal GA ticket. So when you consider that a GA ticket was in and around €70, you find that you are potentially giving a charity donation of €210. While getting apparently no benefit/advantage for this donation.

Even I noticed afterwards that it stated that there would be a refreshment stand to avail of. This was in fact a person with a cooler on their back, with beers. Compare this against New York where they actually had a mini bar to avail of.

Also did anyone actually get a chance to use the U2 app, to win a backstage tour on sign in?

• Subscriber

You can go anywhere in GA though if you have MZ tickets correct? Same as RZ anywhere else... in other words... get in, and go for a space on the GA rail rather than hanging out in MZ. Can someone pls confirm -- this is how RZ has been everywhere else. Also -- can anyone confirm that MZ is let in at same time (6:30) as GA? Or a few minutes slightly after to let the first 100 or so GA fans in? 

Edited by allad1nsane00
  • Subscriber

I was in the North Section of the MGZ on Tuesday night. I agree with the comments above it wasn't great in there. What made it particularly worse was that at the front of the zone there was a front rail near to the walkway which had a standing step built into it which was about 18 inches off the ground. A number of people stood on this throughout the gig blocking the view (which was already poor) of the people standing behind. All in all it was very poor and not worth the extra money.