Thanks for your knowledge

Monkstown1

• Subscriber

Hi folks, I've been a member but very rarely ever comment on the forums although I do check in to them especially around the time of a new album and tour.

I went to London last month to see U2. First time I saw them outside of Dublin and first time indoors too. I was then part of the crew whose presale codes weren't working when the Irish dates were announced. I managed to get Belfast when tickets went on sale to the public as Dublin was all gone. I had given up hope of seeing U2 this tour in our hometown until a friend of mine who lives in London bought tickets on stubhub the day of the concert for like £50. Unfortunately, the prices on stubhub never went below €400 for the Dublin gigs. I was jealous of loads of my friends who were going to at least one of the Dublin concerts when I heard about the ticket drop on ticketmaster.

On Sunday night, I got a ticket for €191 for Monday's gig but unfortunately had a few bills to pay so couldn't buy it plus wouldn't go to a concert by myself. I'm working Saturday night so have been constantly trying ticketmaster for Friday night for the past few days. I've read all the stories of people here being successful the past few days in getting tickets for Dublin. I tried countless times this morning before I left for work but to no avail. I then had a bit of a break during work, went online and got tickets. No fuss. €70 standing so myself and my best friend are going. This was about 3.30pm today when I bought them.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for their knowledge that I was able to use to my advantage! If you've been unsuccessful, keep trying. Wouldn't have ever known ticketmaster release tickets to a "sold-out" show a day or two before. It makes sense with the explanation now. 

So, beginning when I was 14, seeing U2 during the Vertigo Tour in Croke Park (the first night with the bad sound), going to all three Croke Park concerts during the 360 Tour, seeing them in London last month (the Patti Smith one) and the first Belfast show last week, I can't wait to see them tomorrow night. If anyone who is attending tomorrow night and wants to say hi, I'll be the tall (6ft 7in) guy standing between the e and i stage wearing a Croke Park 360 Tour U2 t-shirt and a white kangol hat with a tricolour wrapped around my waist.

Thanks again to everyone. I love this band and its fans are amazing!

Archived