Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2015/2016 Subscribers Offer - Discussion Thread

The site will probably crash if everyone (or most of us) re-subscribes on the same day.

You can almost guarantee the site will crash!!  :lol:  

Given it's now weekend, I doubt we'll hear anything till Monday at the earliest (I assume those in charge don't work weekends & keep to normal business hours ie: Monday - Friday). 

Yep - my expiry data has been reset to 31 Jan 2017 - result :)

2017????

I'm January 2017 too........Long story short, I had issues renewing in December 2004 (along with many others) & an extension was given to mid March 2005, when the tickets were going on sale for that tour. Still unable to renew with tickets going on sale 3 days later & panicking over my sub status, I contacted Principle Management (Cecilia was very professional & efficient), who reported the issue but extended me to December 2005 so I could take part in the pre-sale with my correct sub status. I was told I would still have to pay once the renewal issue was fixed, so I would get that year's gift. A few days later, I was able to renew & duly got the gift but my subscription always looked like I was a year ahead. I still renewed every year after that to make sure i got each gift. Now I can't renew at all, no option showing. So whilst my sub status is safe till January 2017, I doubt I'll get the 2016 gift unless I can pay my annual subscription. I've reported it but Live Nation Entertainment or Fan Fire (whoever runs things these days) say I have renewed,( which I've not) yet my unused 25% coupon expires 1st Feb 2016!! Maybe I've confused their systems.......it's not exactly difficult to do it seems  :wacko:

Yep - my expiry data has been reset to 31 Jan 2017 - result :)

2017????

I'm January 2017 too........Long story short, I had issues renewing in December 2004 (along with many others) & an extension was given to mid March 2005, when the tickets were going on sale for that tour. Still unable to renew with tickets going on sale 3 days later & panicking over my sub status, I contacted Principle Management (Cecilia was very professional & efficient), who reported the issue but extended me to December 2005 so I could take part in the pre-sale with my correct sub status. I was told I would still have to pay once the renewal issue was fixed, so I would get that year's gift. A few days later, I was able to renew & duly got the gift but my subscription always looked like I was a year ahead. I still renewed every year after that to make sure i got each gift. Now I can't renew at all, no option showing. So whilst my sub status is safe till January 2017, I doubt I'll get the 2016 gift unless I can pay my annual subscription. I've reported it but Live Nation Entertainment or Fan Fire (whoever runs things these days) say I have renewed,( which I've not) yet my unused 25% coupon expires 1st Feb 2016!! Maybe I've confused their systems.......it's not exactly difficult to do it seems  :wacko:

Exactly the Same here - one year ahead , except  my reason is that  I DID order U22 twice in December 2011 and July 2012 (and received it, of course...back then you were allowed to renew as many times as you wanted).....  In conclusion : We should get a renew button too ...

Edited by pain_18_

I just checked my account and it looks like the expiration date has been extended until February 16th -

LOGIN NAME
danielct
DISPLAY NAME (Your Community Name)
DanielCT
EMAIL STATUS
Verified
ACCOUNT ACTIVE UNTIL
16 February 2016

Mine is still 31/1. Can't believe it would be delayed even further they surely could say what it is at least! I mean when will we even receive it?!

Edited by richie459

I got a further response from the Support team, who advised I can't renew 1 year ahead. So now I have to email them back to ask if I'll still get the 2016 gift, even though I can't officially renew till next year. 

With band members in the studio working on the follow up to Songs Of Innocence, before heading back out on the road, our 2016 subscription package comes with a special gift celebrating the striking visual iconography of the U2ie Tour.
Subscribers will receive an exclusive collection of four high quality serigraphs, commissioned by the band and developed by their longtime creative collaborators musician Gavin Friday and art-director Shaughn McGrath.

This limited edition collection is made up of four beautiful screen prints, produced on heavy paper stock, measuring 60 x 45cm.  A unique visual celebration of the U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour,  the set includes band, live performance and on-screen imagery.

This special collection will not be on sale online or in store and and will be dispatched in the Spring.

Our subscribers can also anticipate special access to music - streaming and downloads -  as well as video features including the band and their team. And when the band announce tour dates, as usual subscribers will have access to ticket presales.

Subscribers taking up a premium subscription can bundle the U2ie Tour Serigraph Collection with one of our earlier limited edition gifts - the double vinyl album 'Another Time, Another Place' or the book 'North Side Story'.

Full details will be launched in the coming week.

(Please note: if your current subscription ends on January 31st, it has now been extended to Tuesday Feb 16th. You will receive renewal reminders ahead of that deadline.)

http://www.u2.com/news/title/iconic/news/