Dear. U2

ISIS is breaking the world and contaminating the young with their wrong ideology.

I hope you will write a song about ISIS and their wrong ideology.
and their attitude in denying differences.

I have already wrote a song about this subject, but I am just a nameless musician with no power.

This is why I decided to ask for your help.

I believe in the power of your songs have changed me, 
And they can still change people yet.

I hope we share the same view.

from. Aston Kim

• Subscriber

What would U2 writing a song about the scum that is ISIS achieve? it would just give them more global coverage, your idea in my mind is ridiculous. 

Write some songs about Kim Jong-un and when you are rid of him come back.

Edited by jadmix
  • Subscriber

Ok, this is different. BUT, yeah...I don't think U2 have taken to ridding the world of terrorist violence just yet. That's a tall order.

The band, erm no.....Bono - has been fairly good (with the bands support maybe) at highlighting some global issues in relation to mostly to humanitarian goals and objectives. Done a splendid job in fact. You know you're doing a good job when lots of people ridicule your attempts.

Global terrorism though?

Whilst the band touched on it (terrorism) in their earlier years in reference mainly to Ireland north and south, and perhaps reflected on that in this tour, and very recently with their concerts at home in Belfast and Dublin.... the coincidence of their presence in Paris on that terrible day for France & the world wouldn't, for me anyway, qualify them to go out and strike all fear into terrorist fanatics across the world through song.

It's just not their thing in my opinion. :mellow:

Yours,

A practicing and semi decent guitar player. (do a mean version of 'Bad')

• Subscriber

Rumors have it they're recording a song about "Paris" .

That would be good. Wwould certainly tie in with 'experience' material we hope to get sometime in the future. Last nights show was absolutely fantastic in a special way for the citizens of France and fans of music. I think the band did a really good job within their remit and gave a great performance whilst facilitating the EODM return to a stage in Paris.