Songs of Experience ... Update

joshthetree

• Subscriber

Probably a single album. The idea seems to be that you put SOI and SOE together to create a double album. I'm guessing there'll be one or two things on the album that are evolutions of older songs that didn't get released, but it'll be mostly new and not necessarily noticeable. It took me a few listens to realise that the bridge guitar riff from Volcano was the main riff from Glastonbury. I'd love for them to release Mercy on the album, but I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that if it does get released (which it probably won't) it will have either been rewritten into an entirely different song, or part(s) of it will be released as part(s) of a different song, as with Glastonbury and Volcano.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

OMG!!!! I just heard on the radio the lovely DJ said that U2's new album and tour. This Fall!!! Can anybody confirm this??

What???? OMG

Cool thatll tie-in with Sept 25 and Dreamcast gig

If the new album downloads itself to my Sega Dreamcast I'd be cool with that. ;)

• Subscriber

What different types of album formats do you think will be release?

Reckon they'll do a standard edition and a deluxe edition with bonus tracks and/or a DVD with a making-of thing. Seems to be the way everything gets released these days.