What music are you listening to part 4

Alma1

Hi Alma, I'll take a listen Tuesday night or Wednesday.  Ugh. I have 2 interviews tomorrow for jobs I don't even want. Still need to prepare.   I am so sick of my career history - commercial property insurance.....  I don't like it so much that i'm willing to change my career for an entry-level position in a different field for LOWER salary $$$$....  but then again, who will take a chance with a person like me with no experience in whichever field I choose?  I love Fallulah. She's from Denmark, I think.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi Alma, I'll take a listen Tuesday night or Wednesday.  Ugh. I have 2 interviews tomorrow for jobs I don't even want. Still need to prepare.   I am so sick of my career history - commercial property insurance.....  I don't like it so much that i'm willing to change my career for an entry-level position in a different field for LOWER salary $$$$....  but then again, who will take a chance with a person like me with no experience in whichever field I choose?  I love Fallulah. She's from Denmark, I think.

I hope your interviews went well. Some jobs are kind of 'soul-killing' to someone who's meant for something different or would be happier in a different field. I just prayed for u that you'll find your way to something u love. Can't hurt, might help.

I'm posting this song & video for u, Chris, in your situation. For 1 thing, the kid dressing up made me think of u getting ready for an interview. Some parts of Fallulah's music/videos are a different taste from my own, though there are some aspects of them I like, but I love this song & video:

"...be who u can, 'cause u been dreamin' forever & now is your chance...Movin' along..."

Fallulah - I Lay My Head

The part of the Fallulah vid w/swirling & trees (:43 -1:04, which I really liked btw) reminded me of near the start of this video by a band I LOVE called First Aid Kit:

i like this song. It's very soothing and flowing.  Very relaxing.  I also like the violins.  I will post another Fallulah song with violins, or strings, to be correct, I guess.

Edited by chris1043

I. Love. These. Sisters!

First Aid Kit: Love some of their songs, music videos, vibe...

(They hail from Sweden, btw.)

Stay Gold:

love this too, how the video is outside.  My favorite part is the rose turning into the iris at 3:20 or so. 

Edited by chris1043

I hope your interviews went well. Some jobs are kind of 'soul-killing' to someone who's meant for something different or would be happier in a different field. I just prayed for u that you'll find your way to something u love. Can't hurt, might help.

I'm posting this song & video for u, Chris, in your situation. For 1 thing, the kid dressing up made me think of u getting ready for an interview. Some parts of Fallulah's music/videos are a different taste from my own, though there are some aspects of them I like, but I love this song & video:

"...be who u can, 'cause u been dreamin' forever & now is your chance...Movin' along..."

that's a good song, I like the tempo.  Not too crazy about the video, though.  The interviews went ok.  One of them, the guy asked for my references list and he called everyone.  I know because they all called me soon after they hung up with him.  I had quit my job in August (was there for 10 years, experienced bad office politics with my promotion).  Then I had a temp assignment from Sept-Nov. Been with no job since November!!  At this point, I'd take anything, regardless if I like it or not.  I used to work for a carrier (like wholesale of insurance product) but I interviewed with small agencies (marketing/selling insurance).  It's a lot more work and I have to study for my broker license.  Ugh.  Don't have the money to invest in education or certification for other fields right now.

Edited by chris1043

thank you Alma