• Subscriber

I think there should be a preference in pre-sale given to people who've had a subscription for over a year - the reason is that I think people who subscribe just for pre-sale are usually (or often) way off on guessing when it's really getting close to ticket-sale time for a tour because false rumors happen about that.

I wonder the thoughts of longtime subscribers about this - do u think I'm right that people who subscribe just for pre-sale just when they think tix are about to start selling are often way off in guessing when the sales will start?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wow.  This would totally suck if true.  Unfortunately, it'd fit with various other things (like lots more seats being in higher-price VIP categories, lots more top-price-tier seats in general) that are bad news with the new regime.  Sucks.

VIP categories .... Sucks. :unsure:

post-288312-0-07431000-1362929325.gif
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wow.  This would totally suck if true.  Unfortunately, it'd fit with various other things (like lots more seats being in higher-price VIP categories, lots more top-price-tier seats in general) that are bad news with the new regime.  Sucks.

VIP categories .... Sucks. :unsure:

Yeah, lots about this sucks - no official confirmation of any of this though (other than my u2.com email). But 'Live in Paris' is the first U2 release I haven't rushed out to purchase, and it's partly because I feel like I'm being screwed as a fan - saw the tour live 4 times, have the Paris gig recorded on the cable box, and feel a bit disappointed (to say the least!) if I have also lost my additional ticket priority now for future tours!  

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

here guys i am back (not that anyone knows me coz i hardly post despite being on here since like 2007 or something)

i have been very ill with depression and missed my subscription last year so had a bit of a panic about losing priority presale access

i have resubscribed now but if i'm reading this right i won't actually be affected by my lapse?

i guess this is good news for me but i can see how it's a pain for everyone else (believe me i know, every year before this i always subscribed on time so i'm not usually on this side of the fence)

well hopefully the presales won't be too crazy

• Community Manager

here guys i am back (not that anyone knows me coz i hardly post despite being on here since like 2007 or something)

i have been very ill with depression and missed my subscription last year so had a bit of a panic about losing priority presale access

i have resubscribed now but if i'm reading this right i won't actually be affected by my lapse?

i guess this is good news for me but i can see how it's a pain for everyone else (believe me i know, every year before this i always subscribed on time so i'm not usually on this side of the fence)

well hopefully the presales won't be too crazy

hi Faye, and welcome back, sorry to hear about your rough time..

• Subscriber

I think you get allocated a pre-sale based on when you were a member, usually as long as you are a member before the tour/dates announced you get priority pre-sale.  As when things are announced theres a clamour to sign-up to buy tickets.

This seems like how it will work again^^^^. I'm sure it was like this the last time round?. It was really good with the 360 tour when we all had Horizon presales and a day or so before the rest of the casual subbers got to get tickets, but does looks like that's over.

• 2 weeks later...