#U240 - Fan-Organised Things Marking The Band's 40th Anniversary

• Subscriber

What we really need is to organize a 'Guinness Book of World Records' effort in the following category: 'The most fans gathered online at the same time at the same place (U2.com) for the same purpose - to shamelessly Beg & Plead with U2 to Go On Another Tour or at least Play A Few More Concerts - as long as the concerts Include New York!'

It really is an actual 'GuinnessBookOfWorldRecords' category. You probably just haven't heard of it yet. But it exists. Because I just created it. Just now. :D Suggestions will be taken (here) on a rolling basis regarding when this online BeggingPleading gathering will occur. :)

let them announce the tour and you'll have your Guinness record :D

Lol. True. So true. :D  And long time no speak Monica, so "Hello!"  ^_^ 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Might try to have a guitar sesh maybe. :unsure:

Well I've pitched the idea and it's been approved. :) Turns out it's also a long weekend (I had forgotten that) so that worked in my favor.

Planning on playing a set of one song from each album, not necessarily in chronological order, just trying to find songs that I can confidently play.

As I'm a bit of a novice and I'm going to be playing in the corner of the games room because that's where the power point is, I'm calling it "The 90° & Inexperience Show"

Will post the setlist later.

A great idea. Sounds great. All the best w/ it.

Thank you for the kind words.

While trying to find songs from Boy and October, I'm discovering that quite a few of them are deceptively harder than they sound. You'd think their early stuff would be easier than their newer stuff but it seems to be the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Also marking the occasion by founding and participating in the U2 WORLD TSHIRT DAY which is an annual international day of U2-ness marked by the wearing around the globe of an appropriate U2 tshirt. Offical, bootleg or homemade shirts maybe be worn. FREE EVENT No entry fee or travel required

SO WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD 25TH SEPTEMBER GET ON YOUR U2 TSHIRT!

Edited by joshthetree
  • Community Manager

Also marking the occasion by founding and participating in the U2 WORLD TSHIRT DAY which is an annual international day of U2-ness marked by the wearing around the globe of an appropriate U2 tshirt. Offical, bootleg or homemade shirts maybe be worn. FREE EVENT No entry fee or travel required

SO WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD 25TH SEPTEMBER GET ON YOUR U2 TSHIRT!

like it :)

• Subscriber

In Bogotá, Colombia, our band, Ultraviolet Cover Band (we don't have twitter but you can check us out on Instagram @ultravioletcoverband) will be hosting a concert and party for #U240 on Thursday, September 22nd. The show will take place at a renowned  venue called Armando Music Hall.

The concert will have a great setlist, curated by longtime fans and members of the band, as well as visuals specially designed for the occasion which will be projected in a couple of giant screens. We can't anticipate other surprises that we'll have but a gospel choir and a belly dancer will much likely be on stage with the band for certain songs ;)

After the concert, a very well know local radio DJ, @UribeDJ, will host a 2.5 hour party playing a DJ set at the height of the occasion.  

We might be looking at around 400 guests and we hope to see every and each one of you there!

We'll be uploading clips of our rehearsals before the show to our instagram account (@ultravioletcoverband), as well as full songs performed at the show on our youtube channel.

Also, on Septembre 24th, we'll carry out a more intimate show for #U240 at an also great rock venue in Bogotá called Ozzy Bar. This will feature a performance where fans will vote for what they want to hear this day. This show has the support of the U2 Colombian Project (@U2_Colombia) and Universal Music Group, both highly committed to seeing the band in our country.

Thanks for allowing us to share,

Pablo Buitrago

post-366085-0-26890500-1473960328_thumb.gif

• Subscriber

This Saturday, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a special party hosted by U2 Tribute Band: Ultra Violet, presenting the 'Songs from Innocence to Experience' show.

Saturday, September 24 at 8 PM - 3 AM

Bureau : Studio Bar - AudioFusion
Teixeira de Melo, 380 - Tatuapé, 03067000 São Paulo, Brazil

Here are the infos from the facebook event.

Ultraviolet U2 Tribute Band : Especial 40 Anos de U2!