Ticketmaster and the "service charge" (Merged)

Broon11

Just bought 4 tickets for the Hampden Gig; £85 for the tickets-a price i happily pay for the one of the best nights of the year! But £8.95x4 for servicecharges???????

This is a joke.....what is the service i am being provided with?? Ok they provide me with the platform to buy the tickets; i could maybe, just maybe acceptone charge for each transaction, but not being charge 4 service charge for 1 transaction!

Ticketmaster must be making a fortune! It is not the first it has annoyed me!

Bought Bloc Party tickets a few months ago, paid the service charge and was asked how i wanted me tickets sent to me. I picked there recomended route costing£4.95 a ticket, was only after i chose this i realised i was paying for them to email me the ticket, for me to print in out on MY paper, using MY ink; paid thebest part of £20 for them to send me an email....great!

Surely all these charges cannot be correct or even legal!

But on a lighter not......It will be a beautifull day!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a disgrace - ticketmaster have monopolised the market, why don't bands use other sites?

We're fans of the world's most popular band - we're there to be taken advantage of. Ticketb*stard scum.

I'm a big believer in people power - we could petition for U2 to either use a different site or to tell ticketmaster to lower the charges for next tour.

I dunno, make a huge banner ha.

• Subscriber
devil.gifI agree with all of you and we have to yell against this. I' mliving in France and choose to go to London. I have to pay 13,5£ per tix, plus 3,5£ to pick up my tickets (Other choice was around 18£ for secure mailpost).It's really expensive and not justify at all. They clearly take advantage of their dominat position as unique providers. I quite sure that our voice willbe heard.

Glad there is some feedback which agrees with me! And i am not being very stingy!!

Some great ideas on here to try resolve this issue; i like to think that U2 are big enough that they could sell the tickets themselves through their ownwebsite. Through a quick calculation if T/master make £9 off each ticket bought for all the UK dates they stand to make £2,500,000 through the sale of the U2tickets.....i am not sure who is dealing with the rest of the world; but that is a lot of money to print and post a tickets. I buy football tickets off myclubs website and i am charged a set service charge regardless if i buy 1 or 100 tickets.....dont have an issue with paying a charge to buy tickets, but notper ticket and not the price i am beng charged. Would happily pey per transaction and a sum which is a lot less!

I am going to start a thread for all to put there name to who think this is wrong and should be stopped!

I like many others have bought my U2 tickets and found out that the price i thought i was paying has increased by at least 10% due to the ticketmaster servicecharge; a service charge which is put on each ticket and not each transaction!

If you agree that for the next tour, or any additional dates that are announced, the band should change service providers please reply with;

"Reduce the charge"

Lets stick together and have this charge reduced!!!!