2017 Tour (MOVED FROM RUMOURS & MERGED)

• Subscriber

Fan Club VIP Access? What the hell is that?

I called the help line and the guy told me that Fan Club VIP access is for people who renewed a subscription to U2.com before a previous one ran out. I've been a member of U2.com in the past but unfortunately I let my membership lapse, so it looks like I have to "start over" at Wires level. Hopefully there will still be red zone tickets available on Thursday. For some reason on this tour the red zone looks particularly small and there is only one red zone whereas on past tours there have been two.

For me, the good news is, not everyone wants red zone. There are fans who prefer to have the option to sit or not be squished, so some with early access buy front row in the first tier, which also has better sight lines than being in the back of the floor; others prefer general admission on the floor, which enables you to move around more and get closer to other sections of the main stage and the secondary stage instead of being confined to one small area. Also, red zone is more expensive, I believe.

Edited by zlawnwrangler
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

i've always renewed before the previous year subscription expired, but still i am in the red hill group. and i am a u2.com subscriber since the very beginning (was subscriber of propaganda too)

Red Hill group is for the long time subscribers...

• Subscriber

my account was expiring on march 2nd 2017, have just renewed and it's march 2nd 2018 now, but still red hill group. so don't know what this fan club vip access is for

Did you get an additional presale code for re-subscribing?

Also, I never used my I-E tour presale code. Was there ever any official news as to whether they'd be available for use this tour, or are they gone?

• Community Moderator

my account was expiring on march 2nd 2017, have just renewed and it's march 2nd 2018 now, but still red hill group. so don't know what this fan club vip access is for

Also, I never used my I-E tour presale code. Was there ever any official news as to whether they'd be available for use this tour, or are they gone?

Everyone who is a current subscriber should have one presale code.

• Community Moderator

You only get one code for this tour...

No info yet about unused codes... but it's very likely that it was tied on the previous tour - so if it wasn't used, it may be gone... sorry.

• Subscriber

i've always renewed before the previous year subscription expired, but still i am in the red hill group. and i am a u2.com subscriber since the very beginning (was subscriber of propaganda too)

Red Hill group is for the long time subscribers...

I think the discussion is about "club VIP access", there is a question about whether that is another tier of membership.  My assumption is no and it is for purchasing VIP packages.

• Subscriber

delighted with the gig news

going too try my hardest to get a seated ticket for the Croke Park show. Saw Noel Gallagher the HFB support RHCP in Croke Park in 2012 and i quite enjoyed them, its an extra treat and it will be my first U2 Croke Park concert (Only previous u2 show was Dublin 2 in 2015)

The only downside is that the tickets are expensive (E186 for good seats, E110 and E100 for other seats), aiming for a Hogan Stand ticket as its much easier to access compared to the Cusack Stand on Wednesday