The B-Movies in the Pop Hong Kong mixes video.

Grande 3:16

• Subscriber

I'm trying to find out what the B-movies in the video for the Pop Hong Kong mixes are.

The cigar-smoking General is from

, I recognised that immediately.

"It All Started Like an Ordinary Record Hop" is

It Conquered The World, The Girl From S.I.N, and Wild Guitar are all named in the clip.

Does anyone know what the movie that Bono mimes at the start and the movie where the hitch-hiker shoots the driver are?

• Subscriber

I'm trying to find out what the B-movies in the video for the Pop Hong Kong mixes are.

The cigar-smoking General is from

, I recognised that immediately.

"It All Started Like an Ordinary Record Hop" is

It Conquered The World, The Girl From S.I.N, and Wild Guitar are all named in the clip.

Does anyone know what the movie that Bono mimes at the start and the movie where the hitch-hiker shoots the driver are?

I LOVE THIS VIDEO SO MUCH !!!!! Listen to Edge;s guitar... My heart burst outta my chest with the highness of it !!!!!

• Subscriber

Yeah.....MOFO and Do You Feel Loved merged at first......and.....the Piano Edge is playing when the narrator voice says " This man is caught in a world of non....reality..." is an extended sequence of the *GONE* piano sequence (actually this got cut off and what remained with slight modifications ended up on GONE)....the guitar immediately following it, resembles the riff from " If You Wear that Velvet Dress crossthread with MIAMI" only with a different effect, so different it might be something unreleased and rare....and the next one is " I'm Not Your Baby " released as an instrumental on one of the POP-singles and later as a collab with Snead OConnor, Bono penned down lyrics and Edge added guitar sequences.....

.....*MIAMI*.......* with a hint of the riff from " Happiness is a warm gun"-cover...

Do You Feel Loved _

....And later Bono sings what appears to be a cover of DONT LET ME DOWN by The Beatles which turns into PLAYBOY mansion..... .All in all.........What we are hearing here is PURE U2 Genius.....It's hard to compare this to the final cut of the album as I LOVE that very much, It's my fav U2 album......What's sure is......This U2 is dead !!!!

FIRST !!! On Polygram Music Publishing ..

EVERYWHERE !!!

Except Japan, UK, Ireland and the Sub-Continent...

Sorry David Hoffman....

• Subscriber

Well that's the songs broken down, how about the movies? :P

" I'm Not Your Baby " released as an instrumental on one of the POP-singles

It was a B-side to Please (which was superior to the album version IMO). I scored the single for about $1 probably 15 years ago, but only discovered a week ago that I'm Not Your Baby was an instrumental. :blink:

Edited by Grande 3:16

• Subscriber

Yes....Of course, guys !  There are these three versions : the Hong-Kong one here, the one to the great SINGLE PLEASE (amazing!!!!)....And the one on the soundtrack.....

I have the Please single with the instrumental too....

Too lazy to take a photo of it but I have some photos from my "Great Music" album on here........

I can't decide which one is the best....I love them all....As for the movies.....Haha...I had it as an excuse to stir up the *POP* fire !!!!!

post-547180-0-89584200-1480337090_thumb.jpg

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Again....It;s very hard for me to decide which  *PLEASE*  is better, because the album one is so unique in the U2-world...U2 really came up with something different than they ever did or anyone else ever did (or so I believe) , the way Bono sings, the way the band performs....Edge's piano/organ touches and his guitar-sound....Larry's metallic but warm, LED Zeppelish drum-playing (but different from AB and Zooropa)....I don't agree with the commenters on Youtube...IT DOESNt have to sound like AB and Zooropa....!!!  The final version of *POP* is JUST enough mixing and polishing !!!! They stopped exactly at the right time....Sometimes you need something to put an end to your developing of your art....And the result that emerges is better than what you thought because you were Overthinking it....

The singles released after the album was put out are also great......

I will talk about the re-done ones.....

I can sense a slight modification on Discotheque, substantially modification on God's Angels and..

On Please it's a different song....I can't say better....Just different...Like on the cases above too.....I know Edge plays one of his wildest solos and Larry's drumming sounds more like the drumming from since he was a baby-U2er , they resemble the ones of Sunday Bloody Sunday very much and Adam's bass is more classic, without the effects it has on *POP*.....And Bono seems more in control of his voice.... That's all great but *POP*  (released on 3/4 MArch 1997) has a sense of urgency to live, to do, to grab/kiss/call/talk/express/sing/draw/do/not do/live....it has a raw quality to it.... It has a rush and a passion that fully captures U2 in the creation process...That is the true U2 to me....Scared of the outcome, panicked about what's it gonna be? Are we doing this right, what If it isnt right....but let's do it this way anyway....A vulnerable U2 just going along with their feelings but doubting at the same time with massive outbursts of energy and ART-WORK intensity ...Just being human.....Like humans are....Fragile beings.....One Moment You're blowing a fuse and then the Cartoon-Network just turns into the news..............

They always talk about which album represents what it's really like for the four of them to record and make art together....and I think this is it....Not ATYCLB, not HTDAAB, not SOI.......they were too comfortable there....

On *POP* U2 tackle the fear of pain (in many of its forms and shades) and fear of embarrassing yourself in front of the world and yourself, your friends....they manage to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation which just seals the deal for me. Period !

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I  always had a great relationship with *POP* , it always felt like I'm going home....the home I never had... because it goes all weird to the maximum and becomes very abstract ( I love it when U2 get abstract because I can feel I'm there....It's my story as much as theirs ) and with lack of any sense (for the masses) and I identify with that..Not everything in life makes sense and actually it doesn't make sense most of the time.........What I really admire in it is them taking the fear, pain and embarrassment and playing with those tough feelings, not always winning but the ART is winning.....And the album art, booklet and everything is crazy cool !!!!

And last but not least, the fact that it didn't sell as much as U2 wanted and that a lot of fans hate it makes me LOVE it even more....Not just everyone can cope with great art when it hits them !!!

I like exotic stuff...I like weird stuff (not usual stuff other people like - or most of the ppl - consider out of norm, what you shouldn't usually do, what you shouldn't feel, how you should look like...I just hate people's opinion about one's self and ppl always telling you what to do and how to build yourself as a person....that's wack !!!)...I wish I had the power to dance and make a fool of myself like Bono does on the Staring at the Sun video, *MIAMI* version .... They're just not taking themselves seriously.......At all, out-balancing quite well the heavy stuff they talk about on the album....And it's not depressing at all.....

*POP* always makes me happy, for real......ATYCLB gets me depressed as hell...Especially Beautiful Day..........I know I shouldn't compare but I have to bc U2 themselves made ATYCLB as a counter-reaction to *POP* and to the reaction they and masses had to *POP* , thus entering the post- 90's era......>>>Or the sound of four men chopping down The Great U2 Creativity Tree <<<<.......

And I don't care who's gonna read what I said about B-Day and want to kill me......Go on, *PLEASE* !!! 

I have the same opinion about 'Passengers'...  it's up there with *POP*, for me....

Edited by pain_18_