How do I "gift" a subscription?

• Subscriber

Can someone please tell me how I can gift a subscription to someone?

I've been searching the forum to find out how to gift a subscription to someone but I'm not sure how to do it.

Would appreciate ANY help!!!

I want to take a family member and would like to gift them a year subscription(with presale code,obviously!) but it's really not clear how to do it.

If I can get them set up on U2.com, they will purchase tickets for the upcoming tour, but don't know how to get them started, as a gift without them knowing

HELP!

• Community Moderator

From FAQs

How do I order a U2.com subscription for a friend or relative so that they can also receive the the limited-edition U2ieTour Print Collection or the Double Vinyl Live Set or the book 'North Side Stories' or a bundle including two of these gifts ?
A - Go to U2 Shop, add the gift membership to your Cart, and complete the checkout process.

After you have completed your order, we will send you an electronic gift certificate via e-mail. When you email this certificate to your friend or family member, they can use it to take out their annual subscription to U2.com. Your gift recipient will receive a one-year subscription - from you - and we'll send them a copy of the Double Vinyl Live Set (on release in Spring 2015) or the book 'North Side Stories' (immediately). They will also get access-all-areas to the U2.com Subscribers Site.

Edited by mich40

My Mom bought me a gift subscription last night, and received an order confirmation immediately and still has not received the coupon code/gift certificate code.  I called support this morning and they could not even find her account or her order, even though it shows up when she logs in.  I gave them all the information and they said they have to submit a help ticket or something and can take up to 24 hours to get a call back.  Any idea why this is happening? I hope it is fixed before the presale.  Thanks!