Wires vs RedHill assigment and Long term FanClub member

blur991

• Subscriber

I would think GA tix would be pretty easy to get in either presale group and for that matter in the regular sale as well. LA and NY might be a little bit harder to get. I got GA tix for arenas last tour during the regular onsale which 10 years ago would have been next to impossible. With huge stadiums I think most people in the presales looking to get GA tix will be happy.

• Subscriber

All. I had a 20 min convo with that proper u2 support line (the number above was for the store not u2.com member issues).

My take (and this is one mans opinion only), The short of it is unlike other tours the "system" really doesn't give a toss if you were a member in 2012 or 1985. The key is did you pay for 3 years membership since the last tour. Full disclosure I did not. Before anyone goes off on that, I did pay continuous from 2004-2010, and 2012, 15, and 16. So those long few years U2 were on tour) of which i used up my presale code on opening night for the first soldier field show x 4 tickets), I didn't pay for the next 18 months. That equals "new member because I renewed last night.

Now I get they don't want "new" people getting memberships day before tickets go on sale but this rep wasn't even allowed to change my presale status and she tried so, understanding that I've probably paid 600$ plus in membership over the years, and that's only since u2.com came online and not counting the checks my parents mail of my allowance for propaganda in school. I remember when this site was basically text only.

So to be a "seriously long term member" yet now be a "new subscriber" is bloody laughable. It sounds like others have been denied the 1st group for similar "lapses".

I'm sure the band would not agree with this methodology. It's either management or someone at livenation (2012 was that deal! Coincidence!?) that came up with this.

Anyhow, venting done. Let's hope wire works. I was "promised" that there would be a GA in the wire group.

(Oh and why not POP props ON this tour? 20 years!)

• Subscriber

I'm sure the band would not agree with this methodology. It's either management or someone at livenation (2012 was that deal! Coincidence!?) that came up with this.

What does 2012 have to do here?

In 2009 when 360 tour was announced there were exactly the same rules... All members who were active at a certain cut-off date were in the first pre-sale group. Then 2nd group was members who had paid for subscription after the cut-off date. And then there were even newer members, who had joined days prior to pre-sale start. The same for SOI in 2014 - everyone with active subscription prior to the album launch was in first pre-sale group, everyone who joined after the announcement was in the 2nd group.

It's simple - don't let the subscription lapse. And if you did - either get lucky and subscribe again before their cut-off date, or join the pre-sale a day later.  

• Subscriber

What does 2012 have to do here? -- This was the deal with livenation for 12 years of touring / albums. 

The same for SOI in 2014 - everyone with active subscription prior to the album launch was in first pre-sale group, everyone who joined after the announcement was in the 2nd group Pretty sure i did the exact same thing i did here, and i was 1st group.

It's simple - don't let the subscription lapse. And if you did - either get lucky and subscribe again before their cut-off date, or join the pre-sale a day later.  

It's not simple, mate. they can't call a group "long standing members" if you've only been a member for 3 months. It's like the NCAA tournament. It's the entire body of work. And what's actually simpler is if they don't tour (in your area) for 3 years, and one pays 50$ per year, and then a 70$ GA ticket, they may as well not pay any of it, and, wait till u2.com freesale and just buy redzone for 300$. net net we are almost equal and i could actually invest the other 200$ and make 8-10% YOY. But now we are getting into not so simple stuff. 

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm not super worried about it. The point was it's NOT the same. BTW did you know you had to send a SASE for Propaganda?

Edited by blur991

• Subscriber

I am in the same situation as some here.  Member since the early Propaganda days (25+years) and my membership lapsed as I was not notified of the renewal.

Please provide the correct phone number to resolve this.

Many thanks.

• Subscriber

I am in the same situation as some here.  Member since the early Propaganda days (25+years) and my membership lapsed as I was not notified of the renewal.

Please provide the correct phone number to resolve this.

Many thanks

They won't resolve it mate they say "too bad, i see your membership, but it lapsed for XX months, and there ya go". I am thinking about calling again tomorrow and trying to "escalate" after this post, knowing others are in the same boat. I will post number tomorrow AM early (USA time) I have it at the office, however, if you don't want to wait, call the above, and tell them membership issues, and the store contacts should be able to provide. 

Good luck and if any positive resolution, do let us know!